Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Embarrassing habits when admiring yarn
 Fiber Clutcher --is it love?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  06:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
Yes, of course it's love! When I see a love match nestling in a yarn store shelf, I want to clutch it to my heart in a frisky full-frontal fiber squeeze. Can't help myself. Sometimes I imagine laying on the floor with luchious yarns tumbling all over my body. Hmmm...I just re-read all that and I think I'd better cool off....

Jane Thornley

franna724
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2005 :  06:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit franna724's Homepage Send franna724 a Private Message
Yes, Jane, that's too hot of a scene for this early in the morning! LOL

Now you've made me want to leave work immediately to go home and fondle my stash!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  02:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
It's true, Anna: YARN LUST UNLEASHED. Do we need Dr. Phil for this?

Jane Thornley
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3458 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2005 :  08:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Dr. Phil would say that we are clutching the yarn because of jealousy issues on our part (who wants to share a yarn with somebody else????) or commitment-phobia on the yarn's part. I think that Yarny is very flirty, batting its eyes at other knitters. Not good, not good...

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

franna724
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  07:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit franna724's Homepage Send franna724 a Private Message
Have you ever noticed that when you're knitting one project, the entire stash flirts with you and tempts you to start another project...and then another.

Yeah, that's how I'll explain it from now on. I think my husband will have me put away. LOL

Anna
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3458 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  07:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Anna, wait til our husbands learn that we hear the yarn "talk" to us... Then we'll definitely be put away... in a nice white building with rocking chairs and a LOT of time to knit!

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  4:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
We'll just have to keep pulling the wool over their eyes....

Jane Thornley
Go to Top of Page

franna724
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  04:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit franna724's Homepage Send franna724 a Private Message
I hear voices...and I think they're coming from my stash!

LOL

Anna
Go to Top of Page

Destiny
Warming Up

69 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  7:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Destiny's Homepage  Send Destiny a Yahoo! Message Send Destiny a Private Message
are you allowed knitting needles in when you are committed to the hospital i think the yarn might be a no-no too?
Go to Top of Page

doodletail
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  2:04:25 PM  Show Profile Send doodletail a Private Message
Imagine, here I find, up in the remote corner of a small store in a small town store, way up high, what appears to be same lot number from Lopi I bought 3 years earlier. I can now build on my family of sweaters and mittens and still use my stash with ease!

And of course, here's a "casual knitter" in my way (by my killer instinct assessing the situation) scoping it out. The clerk climed the ladder, extended her arm, and reached for my prize add-on lot. Dead, I say are my dreams. IN the parking lot, I will conduct a covert renegotiation. This CAN'T happen, not after 3 years and here I am 275 miles away from home seeing my prized fiber.

But, it has a happy ending....it was the lot to the right of mine that the other hunter was after! I literally RAN up the ladder while they went to the register and secured my prize. They also gave me a discount since it was discontinued...Never show your sweat through and over wool... : )
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  11:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
Doodletail, stories like yours warm the heart and remind us that at the end of every skein, a happy ending does exist!
http://janethornley.com/journal.php
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?