Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Dyeing Discussion
 Using Kool-Aid
 My first attempt to dye
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  12:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I just started dyeing some color your own. I'm using easter egg color. I know this is the kool-aid section, but it seemed to me that this was the closest to what I am using. I have 3 red tablets in one pitcher and 2 blue in another and I am hoping to have some semblance of purple in the middle. If not, I will make purple in the middle later. And if I don't like the red and blue, I will just turn it all purple. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works right. I have 1/4 cup vinegar and just under half a gallon of water in each pitcher, with my 100 grams of yarn kind of divided between. If the color isn't bright enough, I have more easter egg dye I can use. Then again, pastels will make nice socks too. If I like the results, I will move on to dyeing my handspun.
Oh, I am taking pics along the way, starting with the yarn in the pitcher in the window. I will post them in a photo album when I am done.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  7:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
Ok, I got a light, pretty blue and rose-ish yarn, with a tiny bit of purple. I like it.
http://blwinteler.tripod.com/dyeing

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  7:52:02 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
Very pretty! I have to say I found the yarn in the pitchers somewhat comical, very smart though.

-Katie

"I remember when getting high meant swinging at the playgrounds. The worst thing you could get from a boy was cooties. Race issues were who could run the fastest. The only thing you smoked was the tires on your bike. Life was so simple and carefree, but the thing I remember the most was wanting to grow up."
-Unknown

Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  8:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message

It was all I had that fit right. The few jars I have are too small.

Oh, kinda funny. The ads above are for hair dye.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe