Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning gadgets and accessories
 Lendrum Carrying Bag
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

S_121272
New Pal

11 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  3:07:21 PM  Show Profile Send S_121272 a Private Message
I saw this at the Woolery (www.woolery.com). Does anyone have one of these? I would like to know if it's worth buying. I also can't leave my Lendrum out as the cat uses everything as a scratching post, so any ideas on storage would be helpful too!

Thanks in advance.

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  3:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I LOVE mine - it's got lots of pockets and is well padded! I often keep my wheel folded in the bag for storage.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

petiteflower
Chatty Knitter

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  5:08:47 PM  Show Profile Send petiteflower a Private Message
If you don't have a room to stick your wheel into when you're not spinning, that you can shut the kitty out of, and if you don't have room in a closet where you could hide the wheel from kitty, then there is a super-cheap (free) but alas unstylish remedy that comes to mind. Get a cardboard box of the right size and cover your wheel with it. Unsightly but the price is right.
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  6:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Hey, you could always paint it some wild colors. Or paint an image of your wheel on it and REALLY confuse the kitty!

Lissa

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

S_121272
New Pal

11 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  10:37:53 AM  Show Profile Send S_121272 a Private Message
Thanks all! I'm using the box the Lendrum came in for now (it was being used for fiber stash) and I put in an order for a bag!
Go to Top of Page

tortadetortuga
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  09:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit tortadetortuga's Homepage Send tortadetortuga a Private Message
We often have a foster dog and sometimes they are boys, boys with bad habits.

And while we are always careful the first week with the watching to establish good house habits, I cover my wheel and spinning chair with a heavy comforter-type blanket for "just in case" when it isn't packed in its bag. This way, no curious teeth can find it to chew on it, and any random sprinklings don't make it through to the wheel. I only have to wash the blanket, not the wheel=no worrying about uric acid in the bits.

I know, it sounds gross, but it hasn't had to be washed yet and its an easy alternative to packing it up every single time I stop spinning. It also keeps the dust off. ;)

But to answer your original question, I think the woolery's lendrum bag is a good deal--I bought it with my wheel, so it was an excellent deal.

It has 4 pockets: one large zippered one on the exterior of the bag, two smaller open topped pockets above that, and one elastic mouthed large pocket inside the bag. The large pockets are large enough to hold the mother of all and bobbin still assembled, and I put whatever fiber source in the large internal pocket.

It's plain denim begging for adornment, there's some padding for a backpad inside and some padding on the sides and it holds it shape well. It's very comfortable to wear as a backpack. I've seen cheaper, but not better quality. The BagLady makes a bag, but it's more expensive (but thicker padding) but it looks kind of shapeless and bulky while on someone's back. I think her bags have a little more room in them too, the woolery lendrum bag is a snug fit for the wheel and parts (which I like, b/c it does fit, but doesn't shift around) but she has some pretty tapestry designs.

http://spaazlicious.com
http://lanasdelibelula.com
Go to Top of Page

yummyyarnMJ
New Pal

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  1:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yummyyarnMJ's Homepage Send yummyyarnMJ a Private Message
This is just the entry I was looking for, as I bought my Lendrum recently. Thanks everyone.

http://yummyyarn.indus3ous.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?