Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 Spinning guild in Lynnwood/Edmonds/Everett WA?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lobolita
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  12:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lobolita's Homepage Send Lobolita a Private Message
I'm looking for a spinning guild in my local area. Does anyone belong to a guild that meets somewhere north of Seattle? Oh--and it has to have people that won't mock me because I spin on a Babe.

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  9:51:29 PM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
2010 meets on Aug 28th in Marysville at the Jennings Park 11-2 for a potluck spinning picnic. We usually meet 1-4p in Snohomish Library Sept 18th is the next regular meeting, but I'm sure you are welcome to the picnic, too. I live in Bothell and find a lot of Seattle folk there, too. Very nice group, no mockers at all. Lots of us "spin on a dime", if I can steal/twist a saying!
Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  07:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
Go and check them out!!! Most spinners are totally wonderful people (must be something about the patience it takes to spin) .. there are LOADS of great spinners out there. I've had the pleasure of meeting lots of them, since we travel to shows in the northwest. I've only been spinning for the past 4 years and I LOVE it. Wish there were more hours in the day to spin AND knit (is there a way to do both at once?!)
If you're looking to meet an amazing group of people you might want to check out the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, coming soon in Canby Oregon (near Portland) it is our favorite fair for spinners - http://www.flockandfiberfestival.com/
small town, beautiful park like fairgrounds and lots to see and do..

as far as your wheel, anyone who mocks/snubs you should get a life.
Teyani
PS> do you subscribe to the Loose Threads ? its a monthly newsletter put out by Northwest Regional Spinners..
Go to Top of Page

Lobolita
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  1:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lobolita's Homepage Send Lobolita a Private Message
A lady I met from a Seattle spinning guild got a bit tiffy with me when she found out I didn't have a "real" wheel. As far as I'm concerned, Babes are real wheels--there's nothing an Ashford can do that my Babe can't do except look pretty.
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  2:07:51 PM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
That is just "an attitude", Lobolita, the spinning guild is for Spinners, not for wheels! Sure there are a lot of people who are "owners/consumers" more than "Spinners", but it's what you do with it that counts, right?!
Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  9:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
perhaps you should smile sweetly and look at this snob woman and ask her how much money she spent on her wheel, and then grin and say .. well yes, I spent that much on FIBER!
Wheels spin and make yarn.. that's the desired outcome.. if she's critiquing you then she is only showing how shallow she is! Wheels are available in all metal as well, not just plastic.. would she "shame" you for that??? there are MANY snobs around.. the choice of wheel is personal and your own personal budget.. NONE OF HER BUSINESS ! I refer to my previous comment, tell her to get a life. Teyani
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe