Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Recipe Swap
 Low-fat receipes?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kimbre
Warming Up

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  6:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kimbre's Homepage Send Kimbre a Private Message
So, I'm looking for some new and exciting low-fat stuff to make and both parents and children would like. Would love to hear if you all have any suggestions. Just as guidelines, I hate to cook, so I like things not too difficult to make. (I do cook every night, it is just something I have ever enjoyed.)

Drop by my blog!
http://kimbresspace.blogspot.com/

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  7:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
fatfree.com!!

A good friend: You knit faster than most women shop.
Go to Top of Page

chellethinques
Permanent Resident

USA
1431 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  12:26:19 PM  Show Profile Send chellethinques a Private Message
My two favorite cookbooks are Saving Dinner and Saving Dinner the Low Carb Way by Leanne Ely. Both use mainly lean meats, fresh veggies, no processed foods (like velveeta or cream-o-whatever soup) and lots of whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat flour, whole grain tortillas, etc.) There is some fat, but things like olive oil, or a garnish of toasted almonds = healthy fats. The cookbooks give 7 weeks of dinners for all four seasons, plus a grocery list for each week, so it's easy. She also has a weekly email subscription (just google "menu mailer" and you'll find it) that I have not tried, but some moms in my group love it.
Her food is excellent - I've not tried a single thing that we haven't made again, and there are lots of things my kids ask for specifically. None are time consuming, and there's usually a crock pot recipe every week, which I love! The menu mailer site has free sample weeks, so you could print those out and see what you think. HTH.
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  2:44:25 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
I make an easy rice pilaf that I got from a little cookbook. Sorry if i have posted this before. You need 1 cup of rice and just a little oil or spray oil. Spray a frying pan, heat the pan and pour in the rice. Brown it very lightly. Add two cups of hot water, and one or two tablespoons of soup powder,(more if you like,) any flavor you like.(We like Croyden House chicken, it's actually veggie.) Mix. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cook about 10 minutes, or till the rice is nearly done.Stir occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of raisins. Cook till the rice is done. In a small pan toast some sliced almonds lightly in a little oil or spray the pan. Sprinkle on each serving. Serves four. Good with fish or chicken. Enjoy, Chayah
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe