Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 800 to 1200 Yards
 SWTC Soy Silk Yarn
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  6:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
Yesterday my husband and I were in Charleston, SC and went to their LYS (naturally) and they had some of South West Trading Company's 100% soy silk yarn, Phoenix (as seen here: http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=863) and my sweet dh bought all that they had for me; 5 skeins of the 'natural' color.
I would LOVE to have some suggestions as to what to make with it. Something masculine to knit for my sweet husband with this 875 yds of yummy yarn. I'm at a bit of a loss, the only thing that I can come up with is a nice cable scarf, but I'm not sure how 'masculine' this would be. There's not enough for a summer top of any sort.
PLEASE HELP ME....I am pleading.........any and all suggestions are welcome

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  6:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by becka always

Yesterday my husband and I were in Charleston, SC and went to their LYS (naturally) and they had some of South West Trading Company's 100% soy silk yarn, Phoenix (as seen here: http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=863) and my sweet dh bought all that they had for me; 5 skeins of the 'natural' color.
I would LOVE to have some suggestions as to what to make with it. Something masculine to knit for my sweet husband with this 875 yds of yummy yarn. I'm at a bit of a loss, the only thing that I can come up with is a nice cable scarf, but I'm not sure how 'masculine' this would be. There's not enough for a summer top of any sort.
PLEASE HELP ME....I am pleading.........any and all suggestions are welcome

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always

Might there be enough for a vest?

Barb [KrazyKzooKnitter]
"You can't get a hit unless you're swinging."

http://www.livejournal.com/users/graniterose/
Go to Top of Page

HoJo
Permanent Resident

USA
1474 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  7:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit HoJo's Homepage Send HoJo a Private Message
Phoenix is worsted weight so a vest would be a good choice.

HoJo

Our estore: www.fullthreadahead.com
Yarn for the mind, body, and soul

My blog: www.fullthreadahead.com/blog
Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  10:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
Yes, but he's not a vest wearer; at least he wouldn't wear one in this natural color...we've had that discussion. He thought he would hurt my feelings, but I said 'no, honey, I want to make something that you will use, tell me what you really think'.....'I don't think I would wear it'...no biggie, he just didn't want to hurt my feelings.
Thanks so much for your help, though

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  1:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:

Yes, but he's not a vest wearer; at least he wouldn't wear one in this natural color...we've had that discussion. He thought he would hurt my feelings, but I said 'no, honey, I want to make something that you will use, tell me what you really think'.....'I don't think I would wear it'...no biggie, he just didn't want to hurt my feelings.
Thanks so much for your help, though

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always

Becka,
Check out the new topic under Shawls and Scarves "Guy Scarves" There are some great ideas there for "Manly Scarves" There are also some great Seamen's scarves in the book Stahman's Shawls and Scarves by Myrna Stahman. These are knit narrower around the neck portion so they fit better.

Barb in MI

Barb [KrazyKzooKnitter]

Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  2:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
Thanks a bunch Barb...I'll do just that

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  2:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:

Thanks a bunch Barb...I'll do just that

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always

Don't you just love the Besotted Scarf? I'm think of making it for DH for Christmas. I've not seen him wear one, but then again he's loved everything I've knitted for him so far.

Barb in MI

Barb [KrazyKzooKnitter]

Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  4:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
Sock pattern to match: http://www.colby.edu/personal/l/leosborn/anniversox.htm

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by