Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Hats, Gloves, and Mittens
 Free Pattern : One skein Noro Kureyon hat
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

(hristinac
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
6054 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  04:40:46 AM  Show Profile Send (hristinac a Private Message
Have I posted this before ?

http://www.clickitysticks.net/pattern.html

(hristinac

The free pattern maniac.

http://purl-drops.blog-city.com

My vicarious knit-blog .

homebodyknits
Seriously Hooked

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  05:29:43 AM  Show Profile Send homebodyknits a Private Message
I don't think so. It's cute.

Homebody Knits

Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  10:42:23 AM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
That's a nice hat. And, I love the name of the store!

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

Two Sticks and a String
Permanent Resident

USA
1453 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  10:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Two Sticks and a String's Homepage Send Two Sticks and a String a Private Message
Very nice... thank you

Dorene

"You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what's a life, anyway? We're born, we live a little while, we die. A spider's life can't help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone's life can stand a little of that."
Charlotte, "Charlotte's Web"
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  1:53:03 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Christina: You come up with the cutest patterns. I printed it out. In a little while I am calling a friend outside Minneapolis and I am going to ask if she knows Clickity Sticks. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  3:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by (hristinac

Have I posted this before ?
(hristinac

I've not seen it, but I like it! I'll have to make a couple for winter. I like the fact it uses only one skein.

Barb [KrazyKzooKnitter]
"You can't get a hit unless you're swinging."

http://www.livejournal.com/users/graniterose/
Go to Top of Page

rhys
Chatty Knitter

138 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  1:56:37 PM  Show Profile Send rhys a Private Message
I'm making this hat but it looks like I'm going to need another skein. Has anyone else tried this hat? I have about an inch to go before I begin my decreases and it just doesn't look like there's much left.
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  5:28:07 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
This is a cute pattern...just what I was looking for. I've seen it somewhere, but not necessarily here. Thanks!

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  7:48:11 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Christina: Since I printed this out last year I have knit about ten of these hats. If you are flying across country like I did several times since July I found you can make one hat on the flight. Sure beats watching the movie. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  12:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
I made one of these with one skein and found it too small - I resized it and used the best part of two and really liked it - now I'm worrying about having an abnormally large head....

Jane

'I am the milkman of human kindness - I will leave an extra pint' Billy Bragg
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janelithgow/album
Go to Top of Page

kitkatknit
Chatty Knitter

184 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  09:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit kitkatknit's Homepage Send kitkatknit a Private Message
I made my Mom one of these for Christmas and she claims she wears it every day on her morning walks.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/joyofspin/ (pre 12/21/05)
http://kitkatknit.blogspot.com (from 12/21/05 on)

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  11:52:09 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Jane: Perhaps you knit tight and that would use up the yarn. Also, I did have one skein that came up short. I just figured that it was a small skein, whatever that means. Yesterday I was walking down some stairs in back of two friends I made this hat for and I must say looking at it from that perspective is interesting--the top design is very nice. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

JoliGee
Chatty Knitter

223 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  08:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoliGee's Homepage Send JoliGee a Private Message
Does anyone know if this pattern is posted anywhere else? The site seems to be under construction.

http://knittenhoney.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beckyh
Gabber Extraordinaire

471 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  4:09:21 PM  Show Profile Send Beckyh a Private Message
Don't know if this is the same one, but I made this one and love it.

Becky
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  10:48:05 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Becky - that one is going onto the needles today! Thanks for (re)posting. I couldn't get to the clickysticks site either.

RoseM
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  10:07:19 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Rose: Go to www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/hats.php and scroll down to Noro One Skein Hat. That's the Clickety Stick hat. This site has lots of great hats. Take care. Beverley [zzz]

Bev
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1553 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  11:05:32 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
Thanks for the link....I could find the Clickety Sticks either.

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  9:56:03 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Have a friend who lives in the area and I shall ask if they are still in business. I know at one point they were revamping their site. Will let you know what I find out. Don't you love the name, Clikity Sticks. Good for knitters. Take care. Beverley [:00]

Bev
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  10:00:13 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Shirley: This is the best hat pattern. One skein and a cross country flight on circulars or dpn's reading a book. Mindless but you are getting a present made. Hopefully you will be in back of someone wearing said same hat when they are going down stairs and you are about four stairs behind. Interesting pattern. You just think to yourself, "I made that and it is beautiful." Take care. Beverley [!]

Bev
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  11:01:09 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Beckyh

Don't know if this is the same one, but I made this one and love it.

Becky

That's a fun pattern!

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

JoliGee
Chatty Knitter

223 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  07:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoliGee's Homepage Send JoliGee a Private Message
OK, I have actually made this hat! I needed more like a skein and a half, using No. 7 needles. . I think I would use 8's next time. I thought it would be a fast knit but took me longer than I expected. Not sure why...Seems like purling while knitting in the round should be easier! Anyhoo, imagine this hat done in shocking blue and twice the size...your Marge Simpson wig is ready!

http://knittenhoney.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?