Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 250 to 500 Yards
 4 sk of Manos Stria
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SaintJay
Chatty Knitter

113 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  7:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit SaintJay's Homepage Send SaintJay a Private Message
~450 yds. 18-20 st/4 in size 4-6 needle.

I'm not much for intarsia and I can't see this yarn knit in fair isle, BUT I have 3 colors, so... stripes? Several small somethings?

I'd love to make a tank or camisole, but I don't think I have enough. [I'm a size large]

Anyone? TIA.

nicole5012
Warming Up

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  04:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit nicole5012's Homepage Send nicole5012 a Private Message
I also have 4 skeins of Manos, in red. I wanted to make something for myself but now I don't know what that is. A wrap seems too boring, and after two ponchos for myself, that would be overdone. Any suggestions? I'm a medium.
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  6:42:39 PM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
Their new book called "Arts and Crafts" has a vest (see the blog below--its the green one):

http://blackdog.threadbearfiberarts.com/

It takes 4 skeins for a medium. There is one skein each of white and black for the trim, but you could omit that.

Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Renocat
Permanent Resident

1327 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  1:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Renocat's Homepage Send Renocat a Private Message
I just took a class at my LYS for a flower power crocheted scarf made with manos cotton stria. If I can find the name of the book the pattern came out of I will post back here. It called for 4 colors...
I think it was in this Design Souce Booklet
[img]http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/knit.gif[/img]
Kim
I have a blog! http://kimsknitpage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nicole5012
Warming Up

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  09:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit nicole5012's Homepage Send nicole5012 a Private Message
I have decided on a lace pattern poncho for a friend who is turning 30 in November. If I can get it finished in time!! If not, then it's for me. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Canadian, knitting in VA
Go to Top of Page

Yarn Delirious
Seriously Hooked

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  11:07:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yarn Delirious's Homepage Send Yarn Delirious a Private Message
Sounds great,Nicole! I hope you post photos.

Shel

Yarn Delirious blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.