Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 250 to 500 Yards
 4 sk of Manos Stria
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SaintJay
Chatty Knitter

113 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  7:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit SaintJay's Homepage Send SaintJay a Private Message
~450 yds. 18-20 st/4 in size 4-6 needle.

I'm not much for intarsia and I can't see this yarn knit in fair isle, BUT I have 3 colors, so... stripes? Several small somethings?

I'd love to make a tank or camisole, but I don't think I have enough. [I'm a size large]

Anyone? TIA.

nicole5012
Warming Up

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  04:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit nicole5012's Homepage Send nicole5012 a Private Message
I also have 4 skeins of Manos, in red. I wanted to make something for myself but now I don't know what that is. A wrap seems too boring, and after two ponchos for myself, that would be overdone. Any suggestions? I'm a medium.
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  6:42:39 PM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
Their new book called "Arts and Crafts" has a vest (see the blog below--its the green one):

http://blackdog.threadbearfiberarts.com/

It takes 4 skeins for a medium. There is one skein each of white and black for the trim, but you could omit that.

Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Renocat
Permanent Resident

1327 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2005 :  1:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Renocat's Homepage Send Renocat a Private Message
I just took a class at my LYS for a flower power crocheted scarf made with manos cotton stria. If I can find the name of the book the pattern came out of I will post back here. It called for 4 colors...
I think it was in this Design Souce Booklet
[img]http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/knit.gif[/img]
Kim
I have a blog! http://kimsknitpage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nicole5012
Warming Up

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  09:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit nicole5012's Homepage Send nicole5012 a Private Message
I have decided on a lace pattern poncho for a friend who is turning 30 in November. If I can get it finished in time!! If not, then it's for me. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Canadian, knitting in VA
Go to Top of Page

Yarn Delirious
Seriously Hooked

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2005 :  11:07:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yarn Delirious's Homepage Send Yarn Delirious a Private Message
Sounds great,Nicole! I hope you post photos.

Shel

Yarn Delirious blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.