Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 But I LIKE to handwash
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  10:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
I love it actually so I would probably handwash something just because it's fun for me.

I know, we all have our sick little preferences, but I do tend to feel like the things I knit for myself become special pets. I certainly don't have an opinion about Other People using a washing machine.

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  10:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
We've had this chat before, haven't we? I like to handwash too - a lot. I just only have a tiny sink... but when we get a house (hear this Ken?) I'm going to request a big utility sink near the laundry. I hate doing laundry itself, but I do like to handwash special things. They do become more special that way...

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2085 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  10:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Yep, we have chatted about this before ^..^
Although I use the washer for some things, I do a fair amount of handwashing - at this very moment, I have two things that are in the soaking buckets I use for hand washing (I buy many items from the dollar store & these buckets that I use are from there).
We live in a small-ish house w/one bathroom & since I sometimes would forget for a while that I had things soaking in the sink, it was unfair to DH - thus, the buckets! They work quite well.
Martha
Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  7:30:59 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
I used to be all over throwing things in the washing machine, but then I moved into an apartment with coin-operated laundry, and that definitely changed things!!! Plus I got this drying rack from IKEA which is fabulous... I used to hang things up in the shower (I have a second shower curtain rod), but then you have stuff taking over the tub for days). But this rack fits in the tub (so everything can drip) and then after an hour or two, I just stick it in another room.

So now I handwash almost everything except jeans, workout clothes, towels, really dirty stuff and sheets. Besides, I find that my clothes last longer that way, especially my skivvies. And I actually find it kind of relaxing, in a weird way!
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  03:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
I hand wash sweaters and most of my good tops, such as tunics and teeshirts, also bernie's sweaters and his none cotton dress shirts ( raw silk.....don't ask)
I also do my bras and all my handknits including socks.
bernie does all the machine washable stuff, like sheets,towels, jeans etc.
works for us
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?