Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Errata in Knitting Patterns
 Our Best Knit Baby: Error in Precious in Pink
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pacheco
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  7:09:51 PM  Show Profile Send Pacheco a Private Message
Is there an error in the pattern "Precious in Pink" that is found on Page 4 of the baby afgan pattern book, Our Best Knit Baby Afgan published in 2000 by Leisure Arts, Inc.? The pattern doesn't work when you get to the lace hearts. Has anyone encountered this problem or has there been a published errata?

fiona82
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  6:44:34 PM  Show Profile Send fiona82 a Private Message
I'm having the same problem with lace-heart part, too!
I'm currently stuck on row 50, the stitches don't match with the pattern. I have just e-mailed the publisher, I'll post their reply here as soon as I get it.
Go to Top of Page

GloriaMc
New Pal

29 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2005 :  8:05:01 PM  Show Profile Send GloriaMc a Private Message
Good Luck Fiona82! I wrote the editors regarding this pattern over a year ago and have never received a response....Not even a "we'll get back to your shortly". Was a major disappointment when it came to customer support.
Go to Top of Page

fiona82
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  10:45:38 PM  Show Profile Send fiona82 a Private Message
I got their reply today!
Here's the email from the editor:

Thank you for your e-mail.

These instructions are correct as written.

Please be sure the increases on Row 50 are being made by knitting into the front and back of the next st as indicated on page 77 of the General Instructions, and not by making one (M1) or yarning over (YO). Knitting into the front and back of the next st uses 1 st to make 2 sts while the other methods simply make another st without using a st. If the increases are being made by M1 or YO, then there will be sts left at the end of the row. Also, the pattern in the hearts will be shifted if the increases are not worked properly according to the pattern instructions, and then Row 52 will not match up properly either.

For future reference, when our knitting patterns specify to "increase," it will be done by knitting into the front and back of the next st (this will be noted for each pattern as well). If we intend for an M1 or YO to be worked, the instructions will specify this instead of saying to increase.

We hope this information will prove to be helpful. If you continue to have trouble or if you have further questions, please contact us again.

We appreciate your interest in Leisure Arts; please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Sincerely,

Katie Galucki-Houser
Production
Technical Representative
Leisure Arts, Inc.
Katie_Galucki-Houser@leisurearts.com

hope this is helpful to some of the knitters out there~
Go to Top of Page

GloriaMc
New Pal

29 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  7:46:27 PM  Show Profile Send GloriaMc a Private Message
Just checking to see if anyone has tried this. I have started this afghan at least three times and have ended up frogging every time. Would love to do it, but only if I know the problem has been solved.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe