Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 The Mannings Annual Spinning Seminar-June 11th
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ivynforestsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

465 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  10:01:55 AM  Show Profile Send Ivynforestsmom a Private Message
Lissa's post about her trip to the Mannings yesterday reminded me that I wanted to ask about this.
Does anyone know what this is, exactly? Gone before and want to share? It's listed in their winter newsletter, but it doesn't explain what it is.

Yvonne

http://ybrach.photosite.com/

Fivefibers
Permanent Resident

USA
1131 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  10:06:38 AM  Show Profile Send Fivefibers a Private Message
Nothing like being late........ Then again, I am new here. I hope you or someone else who is wondering about the Mannings will read this.

Their spinning seminar is mainly a showcase of fiber products... be they wheels, knitting needles, spinning fibers, specialized craft people. Most of what is sold is sold by the Mannings, with anything else sold by vendors who give a percentage (don't know how much) to them. Almost anyone can turn up here. It could be someone displaying antique wheels... new specialized wheels (Hall) ... llamas ... sheep.... bunnies.... flax processing...and a lot of 'schmoozing'! Nice, beautiful setting, and food is available from a local church group.

You can bring a wheel and just sit and relax while spinning. Or talk to Tom Knisely. It is not really a learning seminar. Just a nice place.

Fivefibers
2sheep; 3goats; 5bunnies
(so far)
Go to Top of Page

Ivynforestsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

465 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  11:55:20 AM  Show Profile Send Ivynforestsmom a Private Message
Thanks, Five! I've actually received more info from the Mannings regarding this since I posted, so I feel even dorkier that I posted it in the first place. I'm so impatient.

I'm looking forward to going and checking it out.

Yvonne
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?