Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 1200 Yards or More
 A ton of Classic Elite Montera
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AlexH
Chatty Knitter

286 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2004 :  11:41:41 AM  Show Profile Send AlexH a Private Message
I have huge stash of Classic Elite Montera, which is 50% llama/50% wool, a heavy worsted weight. Gauge is 4 sts to the inch on size 9 needles. There's 127 yards per skein. I'm thinking about making a jacket using these colors, but I've yet to find a suitable pattern:

5 skeins dark violet (635 yards)
5 skeins medium purple (635 yards)
5 skeins medium grey (635 yards)
5 skeins navy blue (635 yards)
3 skeins medium blue (royal with a purplish hue) (381 yards)
3 skeins fuschia (381 yards)

The yarn is very soft and chunky, and the colors are vibrant. I'm wondering if anyone has used this yarn for felting and if the colors bleed onto each other.

Does anyone know of a great multi-color jacket pattern using chunkier yarn?

Thanks,

Sandy

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  1:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
I have felted with this yarn. It was a very fuzzy felt but turned out really well. I used a green and cream color with no bleeding issues. As far as a coat goes... I bet that yarn would be the right guage for the Einstein coat from the Knit Stitch book. There is an active topic under "current projects" for this item as well. I think it could be fun as a multi color item.

good luck!

-Amber

A friend will help you move..
A really good friend will help you move a body.
Go to Top of Page

AlexH
Chatty Knitter

286 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  7:37:45 PM  Show Profile Send AlexH a Private Message
Thanks, Amber! I will definitely look into the Einstein. I'm glad the colors didn't bleed for you; I will probably swatch it and wash it just to be safe.

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

Figaroz
Chatty Knitter

USA
178 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  8:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Figaroz a Yahoo! Message Send Figaroz a Private Message
I was just doing a search on this yarn. This is the yarn recommended for the "Farmer's Market Bag" in "Weekend Knitting." I was thinking about making this bag in black and then needle felting a large red or yellow flower on it. Just thought you might want to take a peek at this pattern, since you have a large stock of this stuff. Oh, btw, the bag is felted.

Figs
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?