Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Dyeing Discussion
 Synthetic Dyes
 Results of our latest experiements!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  6:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
Hi,

PixieDust and I spent about 8 hours today mixing up dyes and creating our own colorways! It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun and we came up with some colorways that I'm very happy with.

I've posted pics of all 4 of them on my blog, please stop by and take a look and let me know what you think. We kept careful notes on all the colors with the intention of being able to recreate them so having feedback would be very helpful.

thanks!

Martheme

visit my blog @ http://martheme.blogspot.com/

Unwound
Chatty Knitter

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  04:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Unwound's Homepage Send Unwound a Private Message
Martheme
I think you did a beautiful job. I've attempted dyeing yarn and so far I've not been satisfied. What brand of dye did you use?
Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  09:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
Hi Unwound,

Thanks! We used Washfast Acid dyes from Pro-Chemical. They're pretty toxic and need to be handled with care but work very well. They say 2 oz of dye will dye 12 lbs of fiber to a medium shade, so a little goes a long way!

If you try them, let me know what you think,

thanks again,

Martheme

visit my blog @ http://martheme.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  12:12:58 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Martheme-- they are *gorgeous* :) There are probably preferences of individuals (by colors they like) but depending on your favorite shade, there is something eautiful there for everyone. I particularly like the blends of the blue (wildflowers?) and greens (herb garden?) mix together :)

m
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?