Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 almost ready for Christmas?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucienh
Honorary Angel

919 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  08:20:27 AM  Show Profile Send lucienh a Private Message
If buying some yarn counts. Otherwise, hey it's a long ways away, isn't it?

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  08:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Not really. I can't believe it is almost Sept. Congrats on getting the yarn.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

chelle0
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  10:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit chelle0's Homepage Send chelle0 a Private Message
At least you've started! I finished a pair of socks this summer, then decided they need to be reknit in a tighter gauge, so back to square one. I just pulled all my yarn out and organized yesterday and found all sorts of goodies I'd forgotten about. Christmas may be cheeper than I'd thought!

http://oobabyknits.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  6:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I still have to order yarn. Hopefully getting that done tomorrow. Luckily, I have already knit one version of the thing I am making most of for Christmas, and I know it takes less than a week for me to make. And I have reorganized my list of gifts based on who will actually be here to receive them. So, that eliminated a couple gifts because they would cost a bit to mail. I have finished 2 gifts already. I guess I am doing pretty well.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

[img]http://members.cox.net/blwinteler/th_TeamVegas2.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  06:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
Now that I have a houseful of grandkids living with me I can't seem to get anything done. At least it seems like a houseful! After 10 years of only me and the dog, I have my daughter and kids age 16, 10, and almost 2 living with me. at least I'm getting hints of what they really want for Christmas!

the yarn is here, lists of what to knit are made up, now if only I can find the time since the older two kids are in school .... but I'm babysitting the baby while my daughter looks for work.

Keep knitting, this too shall pass.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  08:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Knitz2, I bet you have your hands full. Enjoy the time, they grow up so fast.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

pqpatch
Seriously Hooked

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  09:03:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pqpatch's Homepage Send pqpatch a Private Message
knitting a narrow Irish walking scarf for my DD. I want to do something for my Son-in-Law but don't know what yet. I was hoping to find a pattern for a scarf with the Simpsons on it. Anyone know of anything like this?
Go to Top of Page

lucienh
Honorary Angel

919 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  06:05:32 AM  Show Profile Send lucienh a Private Message
So after I bought the nice maroon yarn, I told my dad I was going to make him a sweater, and he said, "Wonderful.... Any color but maroon." I think I can return it, since I hadn't gotten around to swatching yet. Procrastination is good.
Go to Top of Page

Magnicmax
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  3:14:34 PM  Show Profile Send Magnicmax a Private Message
September did get here kinda quickly didn't it? I have gotten 2 pairs of socks accomplished and am working on the third. I plan on making 2 dog sweaters with matching hats (5 hats total), Christmas stockings for me and dh from my hand-spun, a couple of moebius scarves that I saw on Knitty Gritty a few weeks ago (also from my homespun), and as many pairs of socks as I can fit in between. I will have alot of knitting time in the next fews months with dd in a Christmas show and rehearsing from now till Nov., then 30 performances after that![crazy]

Donna in RI
http://donnaknitsandspins.tripod.com/ I'm on a high fiber diet: romney, corriedale, merino....
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  9:25:02 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
I'm debating about whether I should do much knitting this year for gifts. I just read through the unappreciated gifts thread, and it really made me ponder... besides, I secretly think somehow that my days are a couple of hours shorter than everyone else's. Or maybe I'm just desperately less organized than everyone else I know. (Hmmm.....couldn't be that.)

Anyway, it's a hat year for anyone I'll be knitting for. Any leftovers or unappreciated hats will be sent to the Dulaan project.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  4:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I was going to skip making gifts this year, but I ended up getting requests. I even got requests from the kids most likely to reject hand-made gifts. They even chose colors and were disappointed that they have to wait until Christmas. So, at least I know they will like their gifts. My mom is a crafty person, so I know she will love anything I make. I still need to order my yarn. This is pushing things a bit.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Go to Top of Page

gallant_duck
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  3:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit gallant_duck's Homepage Send gallant_duck a Private Message
I decided I wasn't going to think about Christmas until AT LEAST NOVEMEBER after shops over here (in London, UK) began edging Christmas wares out on 8 August. What is up with that?!

emmms

http://erqsome.typepad.com
http://meepful.diaryland.com
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  8:33:11 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
Whoa! I thought early Christmas was a US thing, but you may have us beat.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

kzbugg45
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  06:24:18 AM  Show Profile Send kzbugg45 a Private Message
I am knitting sweaters for my son and son-in-law. I have one down and I can see the end to the second one. Then I want to make shrugs for daughter and daughter-in-law. If I get that all done, then I am going to try for a sweater for hubby. That, I am afraid, will be all that I can possibly get finished between now and Christmas. I am pleased with myself for being so disciplined. ;-)
(you ought to see all the wip's that are scattered about my house)

Kay
Go to Top of Page

midnightskyfibers
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  8:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit midnightskyfibers's Homepage Send midnightskyfibers a Private Message
I;m still in the planning phase! Im not sure if I will be knitting for anyone but a couple friends and maybe my mom.

-----
http://www.midnightskyfibers.com Handspun and handpainted yarns, fibers, and kits. Vegetarian and environmentally friendly!

Go to Top of Page

Sketcher
Gabber Extraordinaire

597 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  9:18:33 PM  Show Profile Send Sketcher a Private Message
ha, ha, ha, ha.

(or should I say ho, ho, ho, ho?)
Go to Top of Page

txtapdancer
Chatty Knitter

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  7:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit txtapdancer's Homepage Send txtapdancer a Private Message
I'm making the Fiber Trends felted clogs for my brother, his wife and my sister. It's not a huge commitment of time on my part. They don't have to feel obligated to wear them out in public (in case I pick the wrong color or miss size). And those things are so darn comfy. I love mine and my Mom wears her's all the time.

I just ordered the yarn from Knitpicks and had the best time selecting colors. I can't wait to get started knitting.

--Julia
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  8:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I got my yarn. It came so quickly after I ordered it. I am almost done with one of the birdhouses I am making for MIL. The hedgehogs will take a week each, and I am only obligated to make two. I have about a month of work left on the Linux scarf (barely working on it, only 12 rows a day. too hot to work on it much) for David. I want to make a couple small pretty things for my sis. I was thinking of a scarf, then she went and decided to have a baby in October (yay! I'll have a new niece in a month!). Babies and scarves don't mix well. So, she is getting bath type stuff. The baby is getting felted fish turned into rattles and such (one in worsted weight done, stuffed with a pill bottle full of beads. Two more to make, one in dk with a cat toy that has a bell and one in sock yarn, just plain stuffed). I'm making myself a hat out of my handspun. Unfortunately, it turns out I only had enough for half a hat. Need to make more. At least that is easy.
Nothing I am making takes long at all, and they are all fun for me to make, which is really nice. I should have no problem being done by Christmas.
Oh, I also got size 10.5 options needles when I ordered my yarn. I figured they would be good for all the felted projects. I LOVE them!

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  10:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
I've made my list of gifts to knit and checked it twice. Still missed some things that were requested. I am starting with the simple stuff and working my way down. Got three sets of dishclothes done and one scarf. Starting I think mittens tomorrow. Also need to do some slippers but was so tired of knitting the after doing six pairs they are going to have to wait awhile. Got several pairs of sox to do and some hats too. I am really not worried if I don't get them done on time. My friends will take IOU's. So if I just get a few things done thats okay too. I really do like the idea of giving handknits for gifts though.

Crystal
"Get your Knit On" http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
My Yahoo Knit Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganknitters/
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  07:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message
I'm making two sweaters for people for Christmas. I'm doing one in the round, using the EZ percentage method, and I'm probably going to do the other the same way. I'm also working on an enormous afghan for a couple. I'm probably also going to make a few scarfs and/or hats, as I usually have a grab bag or two to contribute to around that time of year...

PAM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?