Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 IK backissued me!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

metromaples
Seriously Hooked

USA
878 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  09:25:34 AM  Show Profile Send metromaples a Private Message
IK sent a solicitation for me to subscribe. No risk. Free issue then cancel if you want. You know the drill.

I have been buying IK so I thought, well, ok. I already had the fall issue. It came out a couple months ago? Or more? Anyway I wrote on the card to start with the winter issue. I've been waiting patiently. The bill came a couple weeks ago. I set it aside. The the first mag came yesterday. You guessed it. Fall. I already have it. I've already read it. Wasn't one of my favorite issues. Now I have two. I'm more than a little irritated and will probably send that bill back with a big cancel written across it.

I'll check with my knit night friends to see if any of them want it.

I'm bummed,
Jeri

gdelrosa
Seriously Hooked

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  10:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit gdelrosa's Homepage  Send gdelrosa a Yahoo! Message Send gdelrosa a Private Message
That happened to me to. I emailed them and explained what happened and they gave me another future issue.

Gail

I changed my blog name: www.gailknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pianogal
Seriously Hooked

629 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  8:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit pianogal's Homepage Send pianogal a Private Message
I've given up, after almost a year, on receiving my "free issue." I'm just not going to subscribe now.

http://abeginningknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1559 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  9:38:46 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
It has been my experience that they respond very quickly to any problems that occur, like duplicate issues, or not receiving an issue. All you have to do is notify them.

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  08:15:51 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
The same thing happened to me! I contacted them, and they added an issue to my original subscription. I love IK. It's my favorite knitting mag. I think is very classy.

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

klfrazier
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  08:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit klfrazier's Homepage Send klfrazier a Private Message
I know that many people have had trouble with this offer, but I've also had nothing but good experiences with customer service. I did my renewal online, and had two specific problems. In both cases I received a prompt response and complete resolution of the issue.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Renocat
Permanent Resident

1327 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  08:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renocat's Homepage Send Renocat a Private Message
I did that promotion and got my free issue. It was the fall one but that is ok because I had never purchased that magazine before.

[img]http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/knit.gif[/img]
Kim
I have a blog! http://kimsknitpage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

metromaples
Seriously Hooked

USA
878 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  1:09:16 PM  Show Profile Send metromaples a Private Message
I found the bill. I cancelled and wrote a note.

I usually like IK but I think I'll stay with buying it with a 40pct coupon, after I thumb through it.

Jeri
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  1:48:18 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Prey, tell, where oh where can one get IK for 40% off?

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  1:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
JoAnn's carries it and they often have 40% off coupons.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  2:37:30 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Thanks. Alas no Joann's here. The chain stores here don't carry it and LYS never have magazines on sale.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

ScubaQueen
Seriously Hooked

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  4:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit ScubaQueen's Homepage Send ScubaQueen a Private Message
LOL...I too sent in for the "free trial issue" ....never got the issue....but I just got a bill for a subscription

Wendy

Somewhere in Texas there's a village missing its idiot!
My blog and other such nonsense... 2 Wet Fins
Go to Top of Page

caeebe
Chatty Knitter

346 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  1:45:19 PM  Show Profile Send caeebe a Private Message
I also have recieved the bill for subscription but no free gift issue yet. The bill says that the amount is due by Dec 5th but since I asked for a subscription for Xmas I want to wait before cancelling or buying the subscription till after Xmas. Do you think they will penalize me for waiting? Or if I pay for it will they just extend my subscription to 2 years instead of double issues for a year?
Go to Top of Page

caeebe
Chatty Knitter

346 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  1:47:08 PM  Show Profile Send caeebe a Private Message
...Also I think I should be able to recieve the "free" issue before making a decision about buying it since that is what the whole promotion was about anyways.
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  1:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Mokey, it was working at JoAnn's that made me want to learn to knit. I can't pinpoint if it was an issue of IK or a Starmore book that made it happen, but I bought them BOTH before ever learning to knit!

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

knittin away
Seriously Hooked

880 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:40:08 AM  Show Profile
IK itself (who one deals w. online vs. bill processing) uses a outside co. to process their payments (as evidenced in the return envelopes) - it's common w. magazines. And often times, the magazine co. and bill processing co. do not sync up - as evidenced by complaints here.

If I'm incorrect - someone correct me.
Go to Top of Page

mottstreetsara
Warming Up

84 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  06:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit mottstreetsara's Homepage Send mottstreetsara a Private Message
You're definitely correct about using outside companies for certain aspects of magazine fulfilment. If you have problems, I would contact customer service and explain rather than not subscribe just because of it. If we have enough energy to post about it, surely we have enough to contact customer service. We need to support good knitting magazines. There are so few of them.
Go to Top of Page

purlwise
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  1:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlwise's Homepage Send purlwise a Private Message
When I subscribed a couple of years ago they started me out with an issue that I already had. I didn't think about contacting them about it and just kept it until a few months ago when I noticed that the issue was out of print. I was able to sell it on Ebay for more than the purchase price.

My subscription has since lapsed so I now wait until it comes out on the newstand. At this point, I'd rather flip through it before I decide whether it's worth purchasing.

Regards,
Melinda
www.purlwise.com
Go to Top of Page

metromaples
Seriously Hooked

USA
878 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  3:20:40 PM  Show Profile Send metromaples a Private Message
Michael's carries IK too and they do 40% coupons regularly. And 50% coupons occasionally. I'll get my IK at Michael's or Joann's after looking through it.

Jeri
Go to Top of Page

kdavies
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  8:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdavies's Homepage  Send kdavies a Yahoo! Message Send kdavies a Private Message
JoAnn's also sends coupons if you purchase online. I was able to get a swift for half price and I almost never have to purchase anything at full price anymore. lol...shhh...don't tell!

Kathy
http://homepage.mac.com/kdavies/knittingnoodles.html

The Lord says: "Get ready to be Amazed, for I will do great things; you would not believe them if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe