Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Knitting Magazines
 New Knitty is Up...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KAC
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
443 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  07:46:46 AM  Show Profile Send KAC a Private Message
Ummm..... a knitted, felted chain? Not much that caught my eye this time; possily Bristow or Tempting II - without the buckle, though.

Kim
http://sanityknit.blogspot.com/
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Jenny B.
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  08:12:05 AM  Show Profile Send Jenny B. a Private Message
I like the kids knit pants and the yoga bag. Have a friend in mind for the yoga bag and didn't want to do a felted one, which is more commonly seen. I book marked a few of the sweaters, but until my kids are in college, I doubt it will happen. That will be 18 years from now, btw.

Jenny B.

"We're all the same when day is done"
Go to Top of Page

NaProus
Permanent Resident

1828 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  08:29:29 AM  Show Profile Send NaProus a Private Message
Oh yeah, I kind of liked the knitted-fulled chain. But I like wacky. I'm just trying to figure out what on earth I'd do with it! A leash for the dog, maybe?

What's a leper bandage? http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bandages.html
http://www.ghm.org/resources/hands-on/knittedbandage.html
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  08:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I really liked this issue. The fish scale socks "Poma"-something-or-other are a project I would knit. I also liked "Danica" the entrelac scarf, "Bristow" the cabled cardigan, and the watchband - how cute is that?

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4170 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  08:41:06 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I like the issue too...although I wish it came out earlier so I could knit some of the things as gifts! I'm going to try the necklaces for some last minute gifts though. I will also plan to knit Tempting 2.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

indigomuse@verizon.net
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  08:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit indigomuse@verizon.net's Homepage Send indigomuse@verizon.net a Private Message
I like a number of the patterns and was glad to see guys in yet another issue - yea diversity! Can't wait to get back to whimsical knitting after the holidays.

IndigoMuse

Musing about knitting and spinning at http://indigomuse.blogspot.com/
Check out my felted monkey's world tour at http://ziraontour.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mkeson
Chatty Knitter

123 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  09:06:19 AM  Show Profile Send mkeson a Private Message
Thanks,Kim, I haven't sent them my new email address so I don't get their alerts. I like the fish scale socks, Beeton, and the lacy scarf.

Mary from VA
"Housework is like threading beads on a string with no knot at the end."
Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  09:19:17 AM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NaProus

Oh yeah, I kind of liked the knitted-fulled chain. But I like wacky. I'm just trying to figure out what on earth I'd do with it!

Well, I know what I`m going to do with it. My nine year old son spends half his life running around dressed as some sort of LOTR character, both good and bad. So do most of his friends, so we mums spend a LOT of time making them dressing up stuff from charity shop finds. (My best pal does a mean knitted halberk, let me tell you.) A knitted chain is going to be immensely popular!

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  09:31:19 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Would somebody please provide a link?
Edited: Never Mind

WendyB
Knit to your heart's delight.
Go to Top of Page

twiggyann
Gabber Extraordinaire

427 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  09:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit twiggyann's Homepage Send twiggyann a Private Message
I don't normally find very much in Knitty that I would actually knit. I found a few things that I like in this issue though. I like Tuby and Tempting II (I thought that the first Tempting was a bit too frilly-ish and I like this one a lot better), I like the men's drop sleeve sweater, and Danica.

On the "I like but would never knit" list is Forecast (It would look wretched on me) and those cute little toddler jeans (no one to fit into them). This is as happy as I've been with Knitty in a long time.

Lesley

Twig's Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

Momo
Seriously Hooked

635 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  10:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momo's Homepage Send Momo a Private Message
The pomatomus socks are really cool. I have the perfect yarn for them too.

My Blog: Kung Fu Knitting
Go to Top of Page

Miss_Lizzyisaknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  10:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Miss_Lizzyisaknitter's Homepage  Send Miss_Lizzyisaknitter a Yahoo! Message Send Miss_Lizzyisaknitter a Private Message
i loved the bobbilicous pattern, nobody liked that? i wanna make the bobbilicious one for myself and maybe for my mom and mil if they like the pattern (don't want to make it and then they not like it). i also loved mrs.beeton, i thought that was a cute idea.

Lizzy
~~Proud Knitter~~
mom to Jaemie & Christopher Jr
i'm a "chatty knitter" yay!
Go to Top of Page

Imknittin
Chatty Knitter

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  11:10:25 AM  Show Profile Send Imknittin a Private Message
I liked the Tempting II, but if you don't use Rowan Calmer for the yarn, what would you use?

Angie
Go to Top of Page

brown-eyed purl
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  11:41:52 AM  Show Profile Send brown-eyed purl a Private Message
Count me as happy - I like the bamboo basket, tempting, possibly festive in some fuzzy, luxury yarn,
tubey, blu (for my friend's baby), danica. Bristow I'm in love with - and has sadly booted other waiting projects to move up on the miles long list to do.
Go to Top of Page

jbug
Chatty Knitter

234 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  11:49:39 AM  Show Profile Send jbug a Private Message
Liked "boogie-time", Mrs. Beeton, blanche neige, and several others.

Fun issue with lots of new ideas.

jbug
Go to Top of Page

KellyKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1608 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  12:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit KellyKnits's Homepage Send KellyKnits a Private Message
I think Kate the cat is adorable and I don't really like cats... I may make a boy one for my nephew... after I finish the duck I started for him in March (oops)

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

gibsongirl
Seriously Hooked

965 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  1:32:00 PM  Show Profile Send gibsongirl a Private Message
So many great patterns, so little time. I like the Pomatomus socks (despite the freaky unattached leg model) and Tubey (gorgeous neckline; construction like Klaralund, but more fitted and with fewer seams...awesome!). Jenna Wilson's article on sleeve cap shaping is unbelievably comprehensive.

The knitted chain looks to me like a variation of the cover pattern from Teva Durham's Loop-D-Loop.

-gibsongirl
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  6:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
Yep, it is. Teva's design is given credit in the pattern notes.
I like Kate a lot. :)
Go to Top of Page

autumns daughter
Chatty Knitter

267 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  8:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit autumns daughter's Homepage Send autumns daughter a Private Message
I'm happy with it! There were many interesting projects- love forecast, tempting, tuby- all such flattering, pretty sweaters.
who know if I'll ever get to them.

autumn's daughter
bloggy blog:
http://autumnsdaughter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth