Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 On the Needles
 Who actually DID c/o for a NYCO?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitche
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  12:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitche's Homepage Send knitche a Private Message

I did, waving hand madly!

(I see many started 'early'... but that's OK, there really aren't any hard and fast 'rules' to a NYCO, except, it has to be for yourself, and it can take all year!)

Noreen

Knitting, Crocheting, Spinning, Tatting, BobbinLace and Designing are my NICHE in life!

http://noreensknitche.com/gathering

http://noreensknitche.com/cont_fans

http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us/

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  12:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I am trying to decide between Backyard Leaves and Ene's Scarf, from Scarf Style. The yarn for each is sitting in front of me.

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  2:06:20 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
That's a tough decision, GFTC. Both are beautiful and look like they are fun to make. I want to cast on for the Branching Out Scarf eventually, but I'm happily doing my North Sea Shawl now while I recover from a cold. You mean we were supposed to cast on for our NYCO project exactly today?!? Oops. I finished my second fingerless mitt about two hours ago and can't wait for it to dry. I'm afraid another project will have to wait (notice an unusual demonstration of self-restraint here).

WendyB
Knit to your heart's delight.
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  2:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I have socks in progress. They have been for a few months now, but that is 'cause they got put aside for xmas stuff. I have a Linux scarf started for DH, but the knitting is really for me. I am really enjoying the shadow knitting. I bought some lace yarn to play with, but have not cast on yet. Still trying to decide exactly what I want to do with it. So, I guess I have kind of done an NYCO. Started early, but that's ok. I have a lot of just for me projects planned for this year. It will be fun.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

twiggyann
Gabber Extraordinaire

427 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  3:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit twiggyann's Homepage Send twiggyann a Private Message
I did. I cast on for the Short Row Hat from Interweave today. It's coming along really quickly.

Lesley

Twig's Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

JulieB
Gabber Extraordinaire

Australia
521 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  4:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit JulieB's Homepage Send JulieB a Private Message
I cast on for my first Clapotis on NYE, does that count? My three other UFOs are looking on jealously....

Julie.

My blog: http://julies_stuff.blog.ca/main/
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  6:16:45 PM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
I cast on a Lady Eleanor in Silk Garden. My first attempt at enterlac...

~KKnitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4385 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  6:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
I cast on for a pair of garter rib socks in Fleece Artist yarn. It's yummy!

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Go to Top of Page

DietchGirl
Sustaining Member

USA
517 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  7:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit DietchGirl's Homepage Send DietchGirl a Private Message
Did my gauge swatch yesterday, but this morning cast on for the "Somewhat Cowl": http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knitandtonic/2005/12/the_somewhat_co.html

I'm using Elann's Highland Silk instead of the Blue Sky Alpaca Silk called for in the pattern, so I've had to adjust things to match my gauge.

Felicia in NYC

"This is mohair." "Mohair", he said and placed the furry ball on his head. "Mohair for me?" - from a very funny moment with my boyfriend in a LYS.
Go to Top of Page

LittleMousling
Permanent Resident

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  8:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit LittleMousling's Homepage Send LittleMousling a Private Message
I'm working on two pairs of socks for myself and started a Clap (in rather more my style, simple black alpaca) today. It's nice to have the holidays out of the way and go back to the "selfish" projects - in fact, I'm about to go study abroad for a semester and I only packed one skein of yarn specifically for a gift project. The rest of the yarn (90% sock yarn ;) is, potentially at least, for me. Whew! I guess if I come home with 12 new pairs of socks I'll be aaaaalllllll ready to start on next year's holiday season.

-Molly, obsessive but not exclusive socknitter
Stash photos and some FOs
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  9:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
OK, I decided on my project and cast on for Backyard Leaves. I've finished 2 repeats and I really like this pattern. It's going quickly because there are never more than 30 someodd stitches on needles at any one time and the pattern is interesting because there is work on both sides rather than purling back.

If anyone is thinking of this pattern, it involves making 2 of the same panels and sewing them together at the cast on ends. If you have "second sock syndrome" you might consider making them both at the same time like sleeves.

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

732 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  9:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message
Today I cast on and started knitting a roll brimmed hat in Noro Kureyon. I've never knit a hat before and I've never used this yarn--so it was a day of firsts on the first!
Go to Top of Page

Windansea
Chatty Knitter

165 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  10:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Windansea's Homepage Send Windansea a Private Message
Me! I'm making the Misty Garden scarf from scarf style. Loved the colors so much I ordered the very yarn, too - which I normally don't do!

Windansea
http://droppedastitch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  10:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
I finished up one pair of socks yesterday and immediately cast on the for next!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  12:15:22 AM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
Dang, I have way too many WIPs to justify casting on anything new right about now... need to crochet an edging for the IK Corset Pullover (so the darned thing doesn't fall off my shoulders), reknit the bottom half of a Ballet Pullover (too short and too tight), finish a pair of socks, a baby hoodie, and a blanket... and finish my second Hourglass Pullover... so much to do... but when all that is done, I'm going to break my yarn fast and start a new sweater for myself... I'm thinking Rogue or the Urban Aran from one of those Paton's leaflets...

http://sapphyreknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?