Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Knitting for a three year old
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lynnie71
Warming Up

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  5:26:45 PM  Show Profile Send Lynnie71 a Private Message
Hi, I am knitting (ok, I have not started, but I will soon) for my three year old neice for Christmas. I wanted to give her a "tea set" for Christmas. I am compiling old tea cups, an apron, hats, vintage gloves and of course some knitted food (cherry pie, veggies, cookies etc..)Can anyone think of anything else I might be missing for a great "tea party?" Any hints would be helpful. Happy Knitting

Lynnie

CardiCorgi
New Pal

41 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  6:40:43 PM  Show Profile Send CardiCorgi a Private Message
Knitted cupcakes (from the book "One Skein")...and a teapot complete with knitted tea cosy!

I'm sure your niece will love whatever you finally decide on!

-Karen

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands (Prov.31:13)
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  7:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
What a great idea! And what fun. Don't forget placemats!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

rather be knitting
Seriously Hooked

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  8:02:18 PM  Show Profile Send rather be knitting a Private Message
I recently saw a knitted slice of cherry pie (sorry, don't remember where, but it might have been a free pattern link here at KR). Pie is a nice dessert option -- along with the cupcakes, of course (which i personally think are a PITA to make -- but they are the very cutest PITA project ever!)
Happy Knitting -- claire
Go to Top of Page

Lynnie71
Warming Up

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  04:50:32 AM  Show Profile Send Lynnie71 a Private Message
Thanks for the great ideas! I need to get busy
Go to Top of Page

KnittAR
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  11:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnittAR's Homepage Send KnittAR a Private Message
Here is a free pattern for a slice of cherry pie. I love this blog. Very clever and inventive!!

http://pieknits.com/pattern.html

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....But by the moments that take our breath away."

Later....AR
Come visit my blog
Go to Top of Page

newknitwit66
Warming Up

78 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  2:22:50 PM  Show Profile Send newknitwit66 a Private Message
Napkins! Those would be fun and fairly quick to knit up! Sounds like a wonderful idea!

Terry

2006: FO's: 37 ~ Casted on right now: 3
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  11:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
How about a vintage tablecloth and maybe a wicker basket to gift it in and store it in
"Knitting Happens!"
Crystal

"Knitters Irony: Knitting a sheep"
http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3943 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  11:03:47 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
We want pictures when you have finished. This sounds so cute and your niece will love them.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

Sher
Permanent Resident

1292 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  11:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Sher a Yahoo! Message Send Sher a Private Message
How about a Fun Fur/feather boa to wear as "dress up" Also, a recent (I think) Creative Knitters magazine I bought had some felted "Red Hat Ladies" fancy hats to make. Scrunchies could also be used for bracelets. (Free Pattern on Frugal Knitting Haus.) Of course, you can choose your own colors! I'd just be careful if you are using "real" china tea cups with a 3 yo. I'm assuming an adult will always be with her to supervise, as I'd be afraid of breakage and resulting cuts. Have fun and let your imagination fly!
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3458 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  2:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Here is a free pattern from Interweave for a knitted Fiesta tea set.
http://www.interweave.com/knit/projects/gifts.asp

I'm sure your niece will love your gift!

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

callalily
Warming Up

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  04:58:03 AM  Show Profile Send callalily a Private Message
What a great idea! If you're feeling really ambitious, you could knit up a pal or two to invite over for tea (or at least tea time outfits for her dolls).
Maybe if I start now, I'll have a set completed by the time my one year-old turns 3!

If at first you don't succeed, FROG!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  06:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
I want to see pictures when this is done. This will be sooooo cute.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Lynnie71
Warming Up

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  10:26:33 AM  Show Profile Send Lynnie71 a Private Message
Thanks for all of the great ideas! I have not started on the knitting yet, but I will have to soon as the yarn is sitting in the basket mocking me...he he...I will try to post pictures when it is done. Thanks again for the ideas and comments.

Lynnie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?