Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 The Yarn Harlot book...............
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Knitty1
Chatty Knitter

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitty1's Homepage Send Knitty1 a Private Message
I am reading the book The Yarn Harlot.I am really enjoying it alot,she has a great sense of humor.........AmyC

Amy

SweetKat
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  11:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit SweetKat's Homepage Send SweetKat a Private Message
I just finished reading it yesterday. I thought it was great. Comforting to know I'm not the only one!
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  11:53:16 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Can't wait to read it. I am on the waiting list at my library. I get the next copy that's available. Woo hoo.
Go to Top of Page

Kimaroo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
425 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  11:55:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kimaroo's Homepage Send Kimaroo a Private Message
I loooved the book... can't wait to see what her next one will be like..

-Kim-

The Kimmish Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

shazdownunder
Chatty Knitter

Australia
262 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit shazdownunder's Homepage Send shazdownunder a Private Message
I have it on order at my favourite bookstore, they buy stuff in from overseas if they can get hold of it. It has been a while so I hope they can get it as I keep reading everywhere what a great book it is.
Sharon
http://shazknit.blogspot.com

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. Proverbs 31:13
Go to Top of Page

SweetKat
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit SweetKat's Homepage Send SweetKat a Private Message
COGirl ~ If you're waiting for a copy in Colorado, you'll probably get the copy I just returned. I live in Arapahoe County and my copy came from a library in Boulder. How interesting would that be? :-)

~Kaitlin
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:17:13 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Small world. . . I'm in Douglas County and our library did have a couple of copies but they were checked out.
Go to Top of Page

autumns daughter
Chatty Knitter

267 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  11:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit autumns daughter's Homepage Send autumns daughter a Private Message
This book makes me so happy. I read and reread the essays, just enjoying how witty and human she is- it makes me feel better about knitting.
I keep it in my knitting bag, and when I need a break from knitting, it is there to amuse me.

autumn's daughter
bloggy blog:
http://autumnsdaughter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Yarnalicious
Chatty Knitter

104 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  2:43:31 PM  Show Profile Send Yarnalicious a Private Message
I really enjoyed both of her books. Happy, funny little stories. Very well written. She did a great job.

Shelley
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  8:37:26 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I heard her speak at Stitches East. She was very funny. She has a sort of attitude of amazement that this is happening to her. The piblisher has been sending her all over Norht America publicizing the book. she says she is on the world's bigggest yarn crawl as she visits LYS at every stop. She is having a blast! I love her because she makes me feel more normal.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  9:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
My Mom just mailed me a copy of meditations for women who knit too much - another Yarn Harlot yummy book - and I lOVE it - how great to have a Mom who knits too! We spent an hour on the phone the other day as I "walked" her through a tricky place in a pattern that I knew -
this was particularly fun since it was only 5 years ago that she "taught" me how to cast off over the phone!! Hah!

knit with joy-
Teyani

www.http://intrepidfiberwizard.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  4:07:51 PM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
I love this book. Boy can I relate to so many of her stories. Got about 70 more pages to go.
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  4:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
I'm lovin' it! I read a bit every a.m. with my morning coffee (and knitting, of course!).

-- Marg (proudly Canadian, like Stephanie) in Calgary :-)

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

scrapart
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  04:36:54 AM  Show Profile Send scrapart a Private Message
I have been reading this every night. Her book is wonderful and funny! I am keeping my hubby awake with my giggling.

Genia in MD

http://scrapartscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.