Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New to the Forums
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SlowKnitter
New Pal

9 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  10:27:46 AM  Show Profile Send SlowKnitter a Private Message
Hello. I've been receiving the newsletter for quite awhile and am inspired to introduce myself because I have a knitting problem that needs help. I've been knitting for about 40 years, pretty much always with something on the needles, although that something sometimes stayed on the needles for years before completion. Currently I'm playing with socks, but I'm no speedster in that category either. I live in Spokane, Washington, East of the Cascades and West of the Rockies. Things I've knit over the years: an aran cardigan for my wedding, a sweater for my husband based on one he saw in the movie Tristana, an entrelac baby bunting, some Fair Isle sweaters for babies (because they are small-the sweaters), one Shetland shawl and one blanket that kind of got away from me sizewise.

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  10:38:59 AM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message
Welcome! I live in the Spokane area, as does Jenny who is a member of KR,too. Where are you in the area? I've been knitting for the same amount of time as you have and have the same situation going with Multiple Projects Syndrome!

M L
Go to Top of Page

YarnGoddess
Permanent Resident

USA
2460 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  11:31:51 AM  Show Profile Send YarnGoddess a Private Message
Welcome! Don't feel bad, I'm something of a slow knitter too. Waving from North Alabama!

Elizabeth
Zipper & Diva

A sense of humor can help you tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected, overlook the unattractive and smile through the unbearable.

To learn more about healthy nutrition for your cat, go here: http://www.catnutrition.org and here: http://www.catinfo.org/
Go to Top of Page

ForestBird
Chatty Knitter

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  4:45:59 PM  Show Profile Send ForestBird a Private Message
Hi SK! I suspect there are more slow knitters out there that you don't know about. I knit slowly sometimes when my ADD flares up, and when it does, the reason I'm slow is because I have multiple projects on the needles. Besides I had a teacher who said it's better to be slow and do it correctly, and one will develop speed over time. There are those who rush and knit incorrectly and then it costs them time in the long run. One always has the time to do it over correctly the second or third time around.

And I like to have different types of projects around too. When I just can't carry another loop in fair-isle, I pick up my socks. When I hit a long patch in the socks I pick up a shortie project like the felted flowers I now have a passion for. Two hours and I can throw a little flower something in the wash, and in the morning pin it one a jacket to wear into town. I get my flower "recipes" from "Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers".

"Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern."
Alfred North Whitehead, Dialogues (1954)
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  6:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
It doesn't matter what so ever how slowly you knit......as long as you are truly addicted. I'd say 40 years of knitting makes you pretty addicted.

Welcome

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

mrssuem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  07:30:23 AM  Show Profile Send mrssuem a Private Message
Welcom aboard. Enjoy the forum as we are all pretty much on the same wave length here. Sue
Go to Top of Page

Dicksie
Permanent Resident

USA
1995 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  08:51:40 AM  Show Profile Send Dicksie a Private Message
Welcome from south of you in Walla Walla. What a nice body of work you have completed, you will be a great asset to the forum - glad you joined.
Dicksie

http://tourdirector.smugmug.com/gallery/529635
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  08:45:10 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi SlowKnitter,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and so glad you could join our knitting community.

You sound like you knit a lot of varied and different things, you also sound very talented, anybody that can knit a Shetland Shawl, I think is amazing.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
Warming Up

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  3:10:41 PM  Show Profile Send Susie Q a Private Message
Welcome....slow knitter, fast knitter....I say, who cares! I'm kind of a fast knitter, but that's not always a good thing! I too have the multi-project syndrome. It is way to late for me to seek help....It's a lifestyle for me! lol and loving it I might add!
Susie Q
Kansas
Go to Top of Page

DaisyinNM
Chatty Knitter

USA
224 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  11:25:07 AM  Show Profile Send DaisyinNM a Private Message
Welcome! I have visited Spokane a few times (my stepdaughter graduated from Gonzaga a few years ago) and found it to be a lovely city with lots of available outdoor activities.
You may say you're a slow knitter, but it sounds like you've completed some ambitious projects. I have lots of stuff going at once, too. I even read several books at once. It drives my DH crazy.
Margarita
Go to Top of Page

cadavidson
Chatty Knitter

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  2:15:53 PM  Show Profile Send cadavidson a Private Message
Well, I'm a speedy knitter and a slow ripper outer - that seems to be my pattern. I am trying to become a slower knitter so I don't have to rip out as much. I have way too many projects going at once, which may be another reason I rip so much.
Slowknitter, I'm impressed with your list of items you have knit - slow or not, impressive.

Claudia
Go to Top of Page

Elisjay
New Pal

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  4:53:19 PM  Show Profile Send Elisjay a Private Message
Sometimes it pays to take it slowly especially if you are doing a complicated pattern. Nothing worse than finding you made a mistake about 6 rows back and have to unpick a whole evenings work. Keep your own pace Slowkinitter. It seems you have certainly made a host of things in the past so that speaks well for you.
Go to Top of Page

craftybernie
Gabber Extraordinaire

United Kingdom
398 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  04:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit craftybernie's Homepage Send craftybernie a Private Message
Fast, slow, so so - doesn't really matter. As long as you enjoy it who cares. I'm a multi project nut, but that's just because I'm greedy. Welcome to the forum.

www.craftybernie.blogspot.com (my knitting blog)
www.fairystuff.blogspot.com (my handmade flower fairies)
www.beadingbernie.blogspot.com (my beaded stuff)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe