Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Knitter's Review Boutique Feedback
 Since you asked...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

covey

Posted - 09/10/2004 :  7:17:43 PM  Show Profile Send covey a Private Message
I love your calendar but I would love for it to be a full-sized wall calendar... Any plans to "upsize" it for 2005?

Other than that, everything I have seen from Knitter's review and boutique has been first rate. Thanks for providing this venu to all of us.

knittingfever04
Chatty Knitter

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  2:39:02 PM  Show Profile Send knittingfever04 a Private Message
I am a bit slow. What type of calendar are you talking about? Seems interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  06:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
She's talking about the Knitter's Review Year in Yarn calendar. We've been publishing it for several years now, and we sell it both in the KR Boutique and wholesale through about 130 shops. (Last year's calendar: http://knittersreview.com/goto.asp?goto=YY04)

The 2005 calendar has been printed and shipped to the bindery for cutting, folding and stapling. We're hoping for a release in about two weeks. I'm particularly fond of the cover picture, which you'll see as soon as we release it!

Covey, your feedback is very helpful. I've gotten mixed replies from people, some saying they enjoy the smaller size, others wishing for a larger size. Anybody else wish to comment on this one? The more feedback, the better.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  07:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I'd like more posters! I have the one "centerfold" from the first year calendar, but it would be nice to have more - you have such beautiful subjects, and you're really an impressive photographer...

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

PamS
Seriously Hooked

USA
943 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  08:26:28 AM  Show Profile Send PamS a Private Message
That's a great idea! I'd love to see more yarn/sheep etc. posters. Particularly stuff to decorate my cube. My department head wasn't too pleased with my Disney motif--I scaled it back. I'd love to add me yarn stuff--Maybe I should decorate with yarn and needles.

I'd also like to see more computer wallpaper of yarn. I've got the one from Knit Picks at home, but I'm getting bored with it. At work, they took are creativity away from us when it comes to screen savers and wall paper--no screen savers and only corporate "branding" wallpaper. The next thing will be uniforms.

--Pam
Go to Top of Page

knittingfever04
Chatty Knitter

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  3:59:48 PM  Show Profile Send knittingfever04 a Private Message
The calendar is beautiful and the photographs are soothing. I think you should add more balls of yarn in one picture to provide a more diverse image.
Go to Top of Page

covey

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  7:10:19 PM  Show Profile Send covey a Private Message
Thanks for the response, Clara. Can't wait to see the new one.

re: the posters --- yes yes yes!!!
Quilters are so lucky -- they have lots of beautiful calenders/posters. I'd love to see the same thing for knitting.
Go to Top of Page

Muffy
Chatty Knitter

139 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  1:35:30 PM  Show Profile Send Muffy a Private Message
Clara, I like the small size of the calendar, looking forward to seeing the new 2005 one!
Go to Top of Page

Wovenflame
Seriously Hooked

Canada
812 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  5:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wovenflame's Homepage Send Wovenflame a Private Message
I prefer calendars to have lots of room in each day's "square" for writing appointments, birthdays and such. I also like small purse calendars. I have no use for anything in between those two sizes.

-Marlene-
Come visit me at:http://wovenflame.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  7:23:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
It's here!

[img]http://knittersreview.com/boutique/img/productImages/calendar_05_medium.jpg[/img]

And thanks everybody for your very helpful feedback about future products, calendars, etc. I value every word, so keep it coming!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2004 :  8:23:17 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
I love my small calendar for my office at work, but would LOVE a big one for home. The small one would melt away in the place I put my calendar. Let us know if you ever decide on a big one and I'll place my order for one of those too!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  07:25:41 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
Yes Clara,it would be nice to have both the small & big calenders.For the ones who want one or the other.Or both. Even one for the car or pocketbook. I like to keep tract of Birthdays & stuff.So the big on is what I`d go for.And maybe the car-pocketbook one,Id consider.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2004 :  08:14:07 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
I just thought of another suggestion on calenders.What I buy every year is a desk calender that you tear the page off everyday on my coffee table.That`s how I keep tract of my appointment & stuff.Something with a pattern or suggestions on knitting or something on knitting idea.I remember buying one in the yarn shop a couple of years ago that is permanent( you can use it over & over again,because it doesn`t have a year on it.They have pattern ideas (the picture included).It`s called "365 Knitting stitches a year" perpetual calender.you just flip the page over.I can`t write in it,since it can be ysed ove again,but I slip a note or bills on the days that I need to remember.Just a suggestion.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?