Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 Debbie Bliss Cabled Cardigan KAL?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glmrpuss
New Pal

27 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  8:35:59 PM  Show Profile Send glmrpuss a Private Message
Hi, I am about to tackle this project and am wondering if anyone knows (or would like to start) of a KAL for this project. Even a past KAL would work, as I would like to see the project at different points along the way and see how people tackled issues, problem areas, etc. Please let me know if you have any info or are interested. Thanks!

Kristen

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  10:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message
I might be interested in joining you... . I like cables and I like cardigans but I need to know which pattern you're looking at specifically.
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  05:53:54 AM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
Is this the Cabled Cardigan from Cashmere Collection? If so, count me in. I just started this project and I gave up after a couple of days. I cannot understand the pattern. I am sure it's not a big deal, but the way it is writting is confusing. I don't want to give up, but it was making me crazy.
So, yes! I am definitely interested.

J.
Go to Top of Page

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  11:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message
Have you been to the Debbie Bliss site to see if there is a correction for the pattern? www.debbieblissonline.com I think there's a link for corrections.
Go to Top of Page

glmrpuss
New Pal

27 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  12:26:27 PM  Show Profile Send glmrpuss a Private Message
Here is a pic of the pattern

[img]http://www.laughinghens.com/images/Medium/D_PATT000807.jpg[/img]

I have never started / hosted a KAL before and I'm not sure if I can commit to that too timewise.. Is anyone up for starting it? Thanks for all of your interest, I'm excited!!

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

Starbucks
New Pal

30 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  4:12:09 PM  Show Profile Send Starbucks a Private Message
Which Debbie Bliss book is that pattern in? (She has a LOT of cabled cardigans out there . . . and I want to make them all!)
I've got a KAL planned for this fall, doing her Grace cardigan from the Cotton Angora collection. Would I get brain cramps doing two simultaneous cabled-cardi KALs?[crazy]
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  7:30:06 PM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
This is from the Cashmere Collection book. It is make with Cashmerino Superchunky. It is a bobbled and cabled cardigan.

I did check the website and there are some corrections, but I had problems on things that weren't really addressed. My problem started with deciphering how the pattern is written and what they mean by certain phrases. Does that make sense? I am sure it's not that difficult, I just didn't really understand certain terms used and I didn't want to start knitting it up incorrectly.

To start a knitalong, you just have to have a Yahoo Group. I am not very adept at it, but I can start the group. I have no idea how to creat buttons, etc. on the site, but I can start the site on Yahoo if anyone is interested.

J.
Go to Top of Page

glmrpuss
New Pal

27 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  11:49:43 PM  Show Profile Send glmrpuss a Private Message
Interested :). Anyone else?

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  2:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message
When would this start?
Go to Top of Page

amazonp
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  04:12:03 AM  Show Profile Send amazonp a Private Message
I would love to participate....I have stopped and started this sweater about 3 times so far. Would love the support, but I too have no clue about this yahoo, etc stuff.
Maria

MEC
Go to Top of Page

amazonp
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  04:14:59 AM  Show Profile Send amazonp a Private Message
BTW, I would be game to start anytime. This is the sweater that made me want to start knitting three years ago, so it is about time I made it....
Maria

MEC
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  05:18:05 AM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
How about starting this KAL sometime in mid-late August? The reason for the delay would be for one of us (me, if I can figure it out) to set up a real blog/site for this KAL and also, I have a few WIP's that I would like to finish up before tackling that sweater. I can probably get the site up sooner, but I hate to commit to something that I won't be able to follow through on. I would really like to learn how to set up the site/blog the correct way and I am not adept at this type of thing, so it's going to take me a little while of researching and trial and error.

J.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.57 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?