Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Newbie from Waterloo, Ontario
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zagraham
New Pal

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  5:44:36 PM  Show Profile Send zagraham a Private Message
Hi --

Just checking in. I've been frequenting the Knittyboard for about a year and thought I'd add this forum to my daily diet.

I've been knitting about three years and crocheting about four. I'm self-taught. My current knitting passion is socks.

Beth

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  6:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Welcome, Beth! Aren't socks fun? Be sure to check out the crochet & sock sections of the forum.

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  7:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Beth, I am so pleased to meet you. Come back and visit with us often. We're almost as much fun as knitting.

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  7:56:47 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Welcome! I'm a bit of a trek down the highway from you in Toronto. Have you checked out the KnitWerx stall at the St. Jacob's Farmers' Market?

http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  9:43:37 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Beth,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forum and so glad you could join our knitting community.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Cat
Permanent Resident

1223 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  07:14:42 AM  Show Profile Send Mama Cat a Private Message
Greetings Beth!

Newbie here too, and a former resident of Waterloo. I lived there for 6 years and finished my doctorate at UW.

I sure do miss the St. Jacob's Farmers Market. Was thinking about it just the other day. And a friend was telling me just the other day that she and her husband are taking a kid-less trip up to the Stratford Shakespeare festival. Sure sounds like fun ...

Mama Cat
Go to Top of Page

zagraham
New Pal

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  1:33:43 PM  Show Profile Send zagraham a Private Message
Hi, All --

How did I not know, Mokey, that there was a Knitwerx stall at the Farmers' Market? I'll check it out next time we're there scarfing down apple fritters.

Mama Cat: we were just in Stratford last weekend for a production of Oliver. And we're going to see Twelfth Night in August when my goddaughter comes for a visit from California. (We're going to soak her in Canadian culture!)

Beth
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  7:21:49 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Beth, it is not in the main farmers one, but in the smaller "annex" if you will. Tell Sylvia Monika sent you!

Go to Top of Page

iamiknit
New Pal

Canada
35 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  08:20:47 AM  Show Profile Send iamiknit a Private Message
Hi Beth, Welcome to the forum, you will find loads of info as well as being with others who understand our fiber addiction. I'm just down the road in New Hamburg, planning on opening a yarn shop for the fall. Have you heard of our KW knitters guild. Great place to get together with other knitters and see whats going on. They have a website now.
Enjoy, karen
Go to Top of Page

sgoldfried
Seriously Hooked

Canada
769 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  08:29:49 AM  Show Profile Send sgoldfried a Private Message
welcome not to far from you and really close to st jacobs love that place i live in unionville on.

glad you are here
sylvia
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  1:22:31 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Sylvia, you have very different "close" levels than I do LOL! To me anything over 40 minutes is a trek.

Go to Top of Page

ilustren
Warming Up

Canada
79 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  10:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit ilustren's Homepage Send ilustren a Private Message
Hi.
KW - Unionville...not too far.
I'm in Welland, not too far (by Sylvia's standards) either.

Welcome to the forum from another Canadian

Charles
Welland, Ontario
Blog: http://jigraknits.livejournal.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth