Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 As a bribe/reward
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

autumns daughter
Chatty Knitter

267 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit autumns daughter's Homepage Send autumns daughter a Private Message
I find that if I am doing a painfully monotonous/not fun task, I can get through it through promises of knitting. In other words, "if I write another bage, I get to knit for 10 minutes."
Also, great for bribing myself to do chores- if I wash the dishes, do laundry, or whatever, I get a set amount of time to knit with.
Its a better bribe than chocolate for me!

autumn's daughter
bloggy blog:
http://autumnsdaughter.blogspot.com/

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  08:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
That's so cute- what a good way to get thru grewling tasks- I will have to try that sometime!

Cheers,
Samantha

*updated blog* http://www.samanthainstitches.blogspot.com/

"Failure is only an opportunity to begin again more intellegently."
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...
Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  12:19:44 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message

I think that using knitting as a reward is a great idea! I agree; it certainly is a better bribe than chocolate!

I bring my knitting to work every day,and often while I am working on the computer,I am thinking of my break and looking forward to knitting a few rows.

Leslie
Go to Top of Page

laurelflower
New Pal

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  1:51:44 PM  Show Profile Send laurelflower a Private Message
I do this a lot when working on homework. I'll get through a page of math homework and then work a few rows, or finish a subject and knit for a few minutes. it really helps break up the monotony and by the time i've finished, i've gotten homework and knitting done!

"Always do right. This will gratify some and astonish the rest." -Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  1:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message
I do this often. I'm in the process of writing a novel & sometimes, I'm just not motivated. So I tell myself that if I write my daily allotment, then I can knit. It works for me!

Knitting addict since November '03

http://cozyknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lucienh
Honorary Angel

919 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  06:00:54 AM  Show Profile Send lucienh a Private Message
I agree with all -- except for knitting being better than chocolate. Come on, now!
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  07:22:32 AM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
I do this all the time, though I INSIST on calling it rewards and not bribes I'm always setting little rewards to get through tasks I'm avoiding. Housework, bills, writing another 5 pages. Whatever.

The better than chocolate thing though?? I'd REALLY have to think on that...

~KKnitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

Schachkoenigin
Chatty Knitter

166 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  11:03:07 AM  Show Profile Send Schachkoenigin a Private Message
I do that! Especially while I summarize a chapter of the history book. ("When you've written one page, you can knit one row!")
Go to Top of Page

Knitty1
Chatty Knitter

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  3:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitty1's Homepage Send Knitty1 a Private Message
Hey, thats a great idea.....I might get some housework done if I have a reward waiting for me,lol! Amy

Amy
Go to Top of Page

gdelrosa
Seriously Hooked

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  4:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit gdelrosa's Homepage  Send gdelrosa a Yahoo! Message Send gdelrosa a Private Message
I reward myself for every 2 hours of studying, I get 15 minutes of knitting.

I changed my blog name: www.gailknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sachis2112
Warming Up

54 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  01:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit sachis2112's Homepage Send sachis2112 a Private Message
What a fantastic idea! The kitchen is a mess!

-Sachi
http://sachis2112.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

thegabbyknitter
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  4:44:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit thegabbyknitter's Homepage Send thegabbyknitter a Private Message
I do the same thing with housework. If I clean for an hour I get to knit for an hour if I didn't do this my house would be a nightmare!

Kelly
www.thegabbyknitter.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.