Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 Talk about books reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Knit One, Kill Two
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1953 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  11:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Clara, I appreciate your review of this book by Maggie Sefton. I am a mystery fan too - so cool that you are one as well.
This book sounds like a good read & I shall see if our Library has it & if not, I'll request that they order it.
Thanks for telling us about this new author.
Martha

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  12:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Yeah. What she said.

(hey, great minds think alike)

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2345 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  12:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message
I just ordered it from Overstock today, after Amazon told me that it would not be on sale until next week. And of course, a couple of knitting books slid into my shopping cart as well - how did that happen?

Shelia
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4153 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  1:40:51 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
sheila, it must be a horrible virus at the site, because it happens to me when I buy something too.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  4:03:51 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Thanks guys, I just ordered from overstock.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  06:59:37 AM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message
I received my copy last week, read it and loved it. There is a thread on the book under Readers Corner, Book recommendations and questions
Go to Top of Page

Stitching Fool
Chatty Knitter

196 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  06:24:38 AM  Show Profile Send Stitching Fool a Private Message
The amazon.com "if you buy another $XX, you qualify for free shipping" gets me every time. I'd probably spend less if I just paid for shipping.

happy reading

Marie
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1953 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  2:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
In a moment I'll head to the "already in progress" thread re this book in the "book recommendations" section.
For now I wanted to say that my local Borders store had a copy that I purchased. I'm about one third of the way through it already. It's a pleasant read & I am enjoying it.
Martha
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  3:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
Starla reminded me today that Maggie came to a KnitKnutz meeting when she was in town last year, and talked about the book she was writing - which is this book. Weeeee - a celebrity KnitKnut!

Lissa

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  11:32:09 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Just received this book yesterday. Started the first chapter last night...very good. But had to set it aside and finish the Aunt Dimity book I'm reading. Almost done...then can read knit one, kill two. Looks so good.

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2656 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  11:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
Got my copy yesteday, too, Vicky! I only had time to read a few pages. Aunt Dimity is my favorite - my mom and I love those and she's always asking me when the next one is coming out!

Luann

Knit and let knit!
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  12:00:09 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Luann, I just discovered Aunt Dimity. It was recommended to me through Amazon. I love them. I'm on my 5th. I love her characters and they are interesting to read, but don't take too much brain power. Just what I need after a tough day at work or a difficult work week to escape.

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?