Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 not a forum but an idea
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shysmommy
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  07:46:15 AM  Show Profile Send Shysmommy a Private Message
Is there a place where a needle inventory could be made accessable to be printed out. I just made myself a knitting needle roll up (it came out so good,) <patting myself oin the back> but I would love to have a way of printing out an inventory sheet so when I am buy a pattern on line or anywhere I could glance at it and know whether or not I needed the needles too or not!! Maybe I am the only one who is this A*al well anyway it is just an idea from a relatively newbie to this site!! Love Ya all

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  2:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Ah, sounds like you need a copy of Needletrax! This is a marvelous little piece of software for maintaining an up-to-date inventory of all the needles in your posession (and who knows, maybe some you didn't know you had). It's made by the same woman who did Sole Solution (sock-designing software I reviewed, listed in the "Tools" section of KR). You can scope it out at: http://www.needletrax.com.

I have a copy and plan to review it in the next month or so...

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2013 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  5:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Clara, I look forward to your review. Thanks for listing the link for their web site. Looks very interesting. It could be a potential "Honey, I know what I want for my birthday!" gift. Never too early to consider that type of thing!

Go to Top of Page

n2rockwlls
Gabber Extraordinaire

395 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  3:52:41 PM  Show Profile Send n2rockwlls a Private Message
In the interest of frugalness I'd like to suggest using Microsoft Excel. Its a spreadsheet program that is very easy to use and comes pre-installed on any PC that has Microsoft Windows. I believe there may even be a tutorial program to help with learning it. I've used it in the past for inventorying training aids and keeping track of student files.

Go to Top of Page

wildhorsefarmer
Permanent Resident

USA
1022 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2002 :  05:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit wildhorsefarmer's Homepage Send wildhorsefarmer a Private Message
Hi All,
I have Needle Trax and love the idea of it. I can't make myself spend the time to enter my inventory into it. Keep waiting for a rainy day when I am not knitting? Might have to- heaven forbid-have a broken hand , or something, first!
I got a small free booklet from my LYS that they made up to inventory one's needles. I asked for 2 actually, and keep one at home, and one in my car (so if I am at a shop, and getting a new pattern, I can see if I have the needles I need for the project).
Would love it if someone made a printible version of this booklet. If i was better and more patient with computers I would try to offer this myself.
Lisa in Oklahoma

Handknit Sock Designs
http://www.wildhorsefarmdesigns.com

Photos of socks I have knit..
http://www.picturetrail.com/wildhorsefarmer
Go to Top of Page

Shysmommy
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  06:14:41 AM  Show Profile Send Shysmommy a Private Message
Hmmmm I am really frugal, and right now after taxes have been paid I am really frugal so I looked and searched for excel on my computer and have not found it, I have an older computer with Windows 95 on it and I have Microsoft works but the spreadsheet program in it is not very easy to use......is that what you were talking about, or is there a seperate program that perhaps I don't have. The NeedleTrax program sounds like a dream and I would absolutely love to have it but right now things are tight!!! Maybe in a few months if I am lucky!!!!!

Thanks gals!!!

Friends Welcome
Go to Top of Page

Emaruottolo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  08:18:06 AM  Show Profile Send Emaruottolo a Private Message
Hi,
Microsoft works spreadsheet is a scaled down version of excel. The help function is very useful. Don't give up on it.
What information are you looking to have on the inventory? Maybe I can help.
Elisa

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  9:25:54 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
If you get Patternworks catalogue there is a needle inventory checklist that is attached to the order form in the middle.

Bev
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2002 :  9:39:56 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Just now I was having a look at the Lion Brand website and they have a needle comparison chart that I am sure you could either print out or download and if you sort out your needles you could enter them here.

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Shysmommy
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  08:02:34 AM  Show Profile Send Shysmommy a Private Message
I will check out the Lion brand website thanks....I just want something to keep track of what needles I have I have the Patternworks inventory but I keep losing it and having to wait till the next catalog comes!!!! Thanks

Elisa I just in general have a hard time with spreadsheet programs!!!

Friends Welcome
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?