Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Knitter's Review Boutique Feedback
 Knitting Needle Rolls
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  07:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
Everyone seems to be on the lookout for cute or pretty knitting needle rolls at reasonable prices. How about offering some in KR boutique?

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  3:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
What do you consider a reasonable price? And what type of features are you looking for, like how many needles do you want it to hold etc.?

Dee
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  5:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I think it should hold needle sizes 1-15 (at least one pair of each in short and long length 10" & 14" but room for 16" straights would be great), should be in a soft fabric so it rolls up with a minimum of bulk, and should be in a cute or pretty print (pleeeeze no Toile, haven't we seen enough Toile in everything under the sun), a ribbon tie, and between $20 and $30. I always hold back from buying the ones priced at $45 which seems to be the going price, if not higher. I have one that is in a solid color very fine wale baby corduroy with a ditsy floral print inside (it's perfect but 20 yrs old so no more available), another that is plastic with the UK needle sizes stamped on (not pretty but very functional),and the Circular Solution for straight needles which is canvas with sizes silkscreened on pkts. I like that one, although the canvas is stiff, therefore bulky when rolled.
I also like the Bettz cases in the 1940's type of prints. http://www.bettzdesigns.com

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  8:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Your timing is uncanny - I've just found a fantastic seamstress and am working on these right now! Stay tuned...

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  9:05:45 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
I hope one's a circular needle holder! Amazing coincidence! Or did you two set this up???

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

knotty
Chatty Knitter

228 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  11:05:48 AM  Show Profile Send knotty a Private Message
I trust, Clara, you intend to announce the arrival of these rolls in the newsletter. I'm very interested. Another useful thing, especially if inexpensive and in cute fabrics: small, drawstring project bags. Does anyone have a source for inexpensive knitting needle totes, like the round/ tall cylinders with the zippered top that used to be prolific in the 60s? My LYS has some handmade leather bottomed ones with authentic 40s fabrics, priced accordingly. I would like something considerably less costly.
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  11:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Nah, I thought I'd just post them quietly and wait for the orders to come rolling in. Just kidding! Fear not, I'll blow the trumpets and bang the drums when it's time.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

jenfleur
Warming Up

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  3:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Send jenfleur a Yahoo! Message Send jenfleur a Private Message
I know I'm a little late on this topic, but I have an absolute obsession with bags and totes, ESPECIALLY when combined with knitting. My friends are planning an intervention soon, I just know it. Anyway, I have always thought that some sort of needle storage system was needed that had a basic bag for holding straights size 1-15 and then some sort of optional add-ons for 17-35's, one for circs, one for dpns, one for accessories. A modular thing so you could only buy what you needed. (I'd buy them all, of course) and hard-sided versions as well as soft, sometimes you need the protection for your needles as well as protecting the projects from your needles. Or is that just me? Maybe not everyone feels the need to bring ALL their needles and several different yarns, just in case they get the urge to start yet another new project.

jennifer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?