Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 50 to 100 Yards
 Small amount Sirdar 'Snowflake'
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  5:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
I have 2 balls of SS, about 137 yd. each -- one mauve, one turquoise. Left from "Boa Boots" that were a dismal failure (couldn't upsize successfully). Any ideas?

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com

yrnjnky
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  11:40:18 AM  Show Profile Send yrnjnky a Private Message
I used the Snowflake yarn to make hats for the neices and nephew, then I used the left over in sweaters. I made plain white sweaters, then added pockets and elbow patches with the snowflake yarn. It turned out nice and they thought it was cool the sweaters matched their hats. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  7:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Thanks, Grabow! About how much did it take for a hat?

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

knotty
Chatty Knitter

228 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  12:15:02 PM  Show Profile Send knotty a Private Message
Have you seen the pattern for the little dog in Zoe Mellor's Animal Knits book? Cute as can be! It only calls for one ball, and I've seen it done up in Koigy leftovers, so it can't need much.
Go to Top of Page

knotty
Chatty Knitter

228 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  12:16:18 PM  Show Profile Send knotty a Private Message
I forgot to say that I thot the colors you have would make a pretty wild dog, too!
Go to Top of Page

ChristinaP
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  11:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit ChristinaP's Homepage Send ChristinaP a Private Message
There's a pattern on Knitty for a bunny rabbit finger puppet out of snowflake. Of course, that would be a funny bunny
Actually a blue dog could be like "Blue" from the TV series?
Christina
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  6:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Ummm...my Snowflake is in mauve and light turquoise (1 ball of each). Would definitely make for 'wild' animals! Maybe I'll try preemie caps?

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
Go to Top of Page

wendymc
New Pal

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  7:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit wendymc's Homepage Send wendymc a Private Message

The 2002 issue of Knit It has a cute kid's hat and sweater pattern that uses stripes of white "Lion Brand Polarspun" between other colours. The set calls for 2 balls, but for the hat I think half a ball would do it.

There is another pattern in that magazine for a pink and white polka dot hat that might be able to be done with the amount you have too.

I'd also use it for cuffs on hats and mitts.

Wendy
htttp://crafter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.