Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Online Hat Exhibition
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Prudence
New Pal

Australia
12 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  12:13:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Prudence's Homepage Send Prudence a Private Message
I thought that some of the knitters here might like to take a look at the 'If the HatFits' group's first cyber-exhibition.

http://ifthehatfits.knotjustknitting.com Enjoy!

Prudence

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  01:09:31 AM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Prudence-- thanks for sharing the link-- I randomly bumped into yours... that looks like a lot of fun to make :) You are all a talented bunch-- there are some fantastic hats there :)

myshelle

Go to Top of Page

diana.enky
Permanent Resident

Australia
1092 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  01:55:25 AM  Show Profile Send diana.enky a Private Message
Hey Prudence,

Super groovy hats - love them. I torture my kids by making them wear weird and wonderful hats - both knitted and polar fleece ones. I've got some new ideas now, thanks

Diana
Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  03:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
I'm such a hat freak - thank you for sharing that!!
:)amy

Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  06:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Wow, pretty impressive, I actually saw that one of the hats featured a yarn that I have in my stash and have been wondering what in the world to do with it. It looks like "animal fur" and is about 1/4-1/2 inch wide, this has finally gotten the wheels turning in my head. Thank you for sharing.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Prudence
New Pal

Australia
12 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  12:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prudence's Homepage Send Prudence a Private Message
The group will be mounting another exhibition early next year. We will be working on completing our hats by the end of January, and the gallery will go up some time in February, so bookmark the site if you want to check out the next round.....or join up if you would like to contribute. We hope to have even more hats to display next time.

Prudence

Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  2:57:43 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
Oh, wow. Those hats are awesome.

Barbara

"I know we've got one SOMEWHERE"
Go to Top of Page

agnesgooch
Gabber Extraordinaire

573 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2003 :  6:34:34 PM  Show Profile Send agnesgooch a Private Message
I, too, am a hat freak. The weirder the better. Is there any chance of being able to purchase any of those hat patterns. Unfortunately, I don't have a creative bone in my body and have to have a pattern.
Cathy
Go to Top of Page

of troy
Permanent Resident

USA
2474 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  10:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit of troy's Homepage Send of troy a Private Message
Unfortunately, I don't have a creative bone in my body and have to have a pattern.

i hate to disagree with you cathy, but that can't be true! it might be your creativity doesn't lie in knitting/crochet... but everybody has some creativity! some with language, some with arts, some with music...and the more you tap into what ever is creative in your live, the more the creativity will 'spill' over into other areas..

That you like and enjoy creativity is proof positive that you know it, and identify with it somehow! (i am so creative, it even extends to my spelling!!--some people just know one way to spell any given word.. i manage to think of lots of different ways!-- creativity isn't always a blessing!--but i have learned to think of my self as a creative speller, not a poor one!)

Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2003 :  4:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
crazy hats!!! Loved looking through them, thanx for sharing!
Sarah

S. Eliz.
Keep on knitting on!
See my gallery: www.pagebypage.com/board/index.php(In photo gallery pages, under S for Sarah Elizabeth)
Go to Top of Page

nmarshall
Warming Up

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  1:06:14 PM  Show Profile Send nmarshall a Private Message
Prudence,
Wow! Thanks! Painting with yarn. Hugely cool site, idea, hats, coats.... I can see some stash elimnation approaching! Oh and thanks too to the knittersreview folks who popped you discussion on the front page!!
Go to Top of Page

Prudence
New Pal

Australia
12 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  3:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prudence's Homepage Send Prudence a Private Message
The second exhibition from the Hats group is now online at http://ifthehatfits.knotjustknitting.com/exhibition2/gallery.htm
Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

oneangel77
Gabber Extraordinaire

453 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  11:20:18 PM  Show Profile Send oneangel77 a Private Message
Wow very cool! Thanks for posting the link.
Go to Top of Page

ohoney
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  2:18:25 PM  Show Profile Send ohoney a Private Message
wow these hats are funky, fun and sure to make a splash all over the town.
Even has me looking for patterns similar.

Marie
Joplin Missouri USA

Go to Top of Page

sshafran@comcast.net

Posted - 03/02/2004 :  09:17:02 AM  Show Profile Send sshafran@comcast.net a Private Message
You had a free pattern for a chemo and scarf but I can not find it again; please tel me how to bring it up thank you, sshafran@comcast.net
Go to Top of Page

mec
Warming Up

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2004 :  3:13:06 PM  Show Profile Send mec a Private Message
There will be another exhibition in May. Entries are due by April30 and the list has all the particulars. This will be my first time to participate and I'm really enthusiastic about it.
Go to Top of Page

Josh A.
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2004 :  12:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Josh A.'s Homepage Send Josh A. a Private Message
Wow, you are that Prudence? :-) I love your freeform knitting!

Thanks so much for the link, the hats are fantastic.

Josh A.
N. California -> Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2004 :  9:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
The latest exhibition is now up on Prudence's website.

http://ifthehatfits.knotjustknitting.com

regards
celia

View my completed items here
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/celiang/
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  05:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
I just really love looking at this online exhibition. Thank you for sharing it!

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  07:13:39 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I am not a hat person, but I loved them. There is a play at the Intimin Theatre here in Seattle called Crowns which is all about hats and the exhibit reminded me of the play. Although the hats are different. Thanks for sharing.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Berchem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
375 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2004 :  09:02:19 AM  Show Profile Send Berchem a Private Message
Thank you for sharing. They are inspiring hats.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe