Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet technique questions
 chain 3 help
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kit
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  2:44:11 PM  Show Profile Send kit a Private Message
HI, I am making some black scarves to give to sisters for christmas and the chain 3 at the ends always makes a loop.....is there a way not to have the loop??? thank you

katie

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1288 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  3:59:47 PM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message
try just chaining 2

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

Kitten With A Whiplash
Warming Up

69 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  4:03:38 PM  Show Profile Send Kitten With A Whiplash a Private Message
1. Maybe the pattern didn't specify that the chain is supposed to be the first stitch of the next row, so you are not skipping that stitch?

2. If your pattern stitch is based on double crochet, try 2 chains instead of 3. Some patterns call for a turning chain of 3 with double crochet, but 2 works best for me. Sometimes even with triple crochet.

Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. - Joe Gores
Go to Top of Page

kit
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  7:17:27 PM  Show Profile Send kit a Private Message
The pattern did say the ch 3 is the dc on the next row...but it makes a kind of loop.....I thought I read somewhere there is another way to make it not look so loopy. I will try the ch 2 on the next scarve....thank you

katie
Go to Top of Page

farfalla
Warming Up

63 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  8:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit farfalla's Homepage Send farfalla a Private Message
I always used to get a hole from the ch3 when working in dc rows because I would crochet into the hole on the row above instead of into the 3rd chain (does that make sense?). The fabric looks flatter if you work into that last chain instead of the hole. Could that be your problem?

I found that I actually liked the effect for some things, but it isn't really correct and would certainly be bad if you don't like it.

http://footstepsonwool.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?