Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 What items do you crochet?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mamarose22
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  11:39:09 AM  Show Profile Send mamarose22 a Private Message
It seems that most people crochet afghans, scarves, ornaments @ holiday time, and sometimes gloves/mittens or socks. Does anyone crochet other things such as toys,dolls, towels, curtains or anything else? What do you crochet?

farfalla
Warming Up

63 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  1:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit farfalla's Homepage Send farfalla a Private Message
I've crocheted several afghans, a baby blanket, several scarves, and a few doilies.

Recently I've gotten more interested in crocheting clothing, and I have one top almost finished. I have ideas for several more, and I'm waiting impatiently for the books Positively Crochet and Sensual Crochet to come out.
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  05:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message
Let's see...I've done throw pillow covers, sweaters, placemats, afghans, scarves, hats, and shawls. I have not attempted crocheted socks yet.

PAM

WIP = Branches and Bobbles Afghan, Raglan Sweater, Vertical Rib Sweater (crocheted)

Completed this year = Knitted Baby Blanket (Estonian Lullaby), Knitted Charity Squares, Top-Down Sweater, Project Linus Baby Blanket (2), Summer Top, Scrap Sweater, Socks (2 pair), 63 Cable Squares Afghan, Winter Hat

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

sparkleplenty
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
484 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  07:49:28 AM  Show Profile Send sparkleplenty a Private Message
I've crocheted a shrug, and just finished up a bath mat and beach bag. I've got a pattern and yarn for curtains, but havent' gotten around to it yet.

sparkleplenty

http://sarah.teamradicus.com/art.htm
-------------------
If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
~Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

nanknitsdog
New Pal

27 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  07:54:48 AM  Show Profile Send nanknitsdog a Private Message
Hey,
I've crocheted amigurumis(crocheted stuffed toys), scarves & afghans of all sizes. My latest crochet addiction are the amigurumis.
They are habit forming!
Nan
Go to Top of Page

kjtendyke
Chatty Knitter

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  09:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit kjtendyke's Homepage Send kjtendyke a Private Message
I enjoy crocheting bags, scarves and sweaters. I recently crocheted a market bag/back pack, so I can go food shoping on my bicycle. Here's the pattern for the bag, I tweaked the straps to be more back pack like.

http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/WebLetter/3/Issue3.html

~Kristen~ [img]http://kristentendyke.com/images/turtle.gif[/img]

www.kristentendyke.com
Go to Top of Page

joycet
Warming Up

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  11:28:56 AM  Show Profile Send joycet a Private Message
I've crocheted quite a few things. I've done blankets, several sweaters, a handbag and some scarves. I really like crochet.
Go to Top of Page

Gelliott
Seriously Hooked

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  11:39:55 AM  Show Profile Send Gelliott a Private Message
slippers (to get a very thick fabric)
i-pod cover (easy to fit and shape it as you work)
string shopping bags
edgings on blankets, dishcloths, etc.

Gelliott
Go to Top of Page

bi-crafty
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  12:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit bi-crafty's Homepage Send bi-crafty a Private Message
Purse, baby blankets, washcloths, pot holder/trivets, coasters, collars, shawls, hats hats hats, scarves, bun snoods (put your hair in a but, pop this little "basket" over it, pull the string, tie it in a bow, and you're covered!), buttons, rugs, edging and trim on knitted items.....

Maria D

Go to Top of Page

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  1:44:54 PM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message

I have crocheted baby clothes and blankets,doilies and a few granny square afghans,but haven't done any crochet for a while,as I tend to knit most of the time.

Leslie

My Blog
http://au.360.yahoo.com/abreyleslie
My Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/busygirl/
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  2:59:57 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
I used to crochet a lot of toys many years ago until some good knitted toy patterns started appearing in the early 1980s. I prefer to knit toys really although I do still crochet hedgehogs!! I have crocheted a few cushions,shawls, ponchos,even a skirt, a tabard and a couple of tote bags but this was back in the 1970s when crocheting was very popular here.A couple of years ago I crocheted a pram rug for the birth of my first granchild - there are a few pics of crocheted items on my blog. I am currently working on crochet squares for the Babette Blanket that I'm hoping to complete some day!!Happy Crocheting!

Lucy [IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/loliwoli/catyawn.gif[/IMG]My Blog - Lucy Knits
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  09:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
I've primarily crocheted kitchen items in the past but am currently working on a prayer shawl and am pleased with the result. I'm using Summit Hill, a machine wash/dry 100% wool from Kraemer and am crocheting it instead of knitting as it is a need for a Hospice patient and time is of the essence.

my adult daughter took her first crochet lesson last week and has already completed the squares for a pillow top -- just waiting for her second lesson to learn how to put them together. PS, she is learning much better from a stranger than when I tried to teach her!

Keep knitting, this too shall pass.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Cat
Permanent Resident

1223 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  01:35:19 AM  Show Profile Send Mama Cat a Private Message
I crochet pretty much anything that I knit - and then some. In my lifetime I have crocheted shawls, mittens, hats, socks, cardigans, pullovers, afghans, pillows, Barbie clothes (when I was just a wee little crocheter), stuffed animals, string bags for groceries, pot holders, placemats, towels, Christmas ornaments .... you name it, I've done it. I haven't done any curtains yet but I'm thinking about it, inspired partially by the knitted curtains in the Mason Dixon book. (i.e. not your old style crocheted lace curtains, but something more modern.)

I'm thinking of doing a crocheted jacket inspired by Jean Frost's knitted jackets, but in crochet. I've also got a few other crochet pattern ideas percolating in my mind.

Crochet is incredibly versatile. If you know how, you can do anything that can be done with a knitted fabric.
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  06:20:54 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
I have made lap size afghans for many years. Recently I have crocheted two rugs, one oval and one in strips, and am planning to do another in shell stitch. I got the patterns free from Anniesattic.com Warmly, Chayah

"When I was young I admired clever people. Now that I'm old I admire kind people."(A.J.Heschel)
Go to Top of Page

beverlyb42@hotmail.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  1:46:33 PM  Show Profile Send beverlyb42@hotmail.com a Private Message
I have taken up crochet again after almost 3 decades of not doing it. I learned crochet as a teenager and primarily just made Granny Square afghans and a daisy afghan (make daisys on a round plastic loom and crochet together). Ironically, recently learning to knit has brought me back to crochet. Crochet is so fast! I have made baby hats, booties, afghans, scarves, round coasters, placemats. I bought the Stitch-n-bee-hotch Happy Hooker crochet book and I am going to make the fingerless gloves, shrug, sweater, Sock Monky baby hat & blanket, and Skull potholders.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe