Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet technique questions
 What kind of hook for rubber strips ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

craftdudley83
New Pal

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  7:17:30 PM  Show Profile Send craftdudley83 a Private Message
I find myself in a dilema I'm not sure I can get out of.My husband races karts and while at P&P Speed Shop a couple of weeks back I saw that they had a whole box of rubber strips from where they cut down tires. Well I got to thinking thet it would be perfect for crocheting a rubber mat for the front door,so I asked if I could take some home with me.Well,ofcourse they let me,but as soon as I got home I found out that the rubber sticks to my aluminum hooks.
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of hook I could use for rubber that won't stick too much?I was thinking of maybe getting a wooden hook but I am up for other ideas if anyone may have any. Thank You very much.

Elizabeth from N.C.

llinn
honorary angel

USA
1650 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  11:37:06 PM  Show Profile Send llinn a Private Message
Either wooden hooks or Leisure Arts used to make teflon coated hooks that might not stick. Or WalMart carries some cheapie plastic sets that might do better.

How thick are the strips? You might want to use a pretty big needle.

Llinn
Go to Top of Page

craftdudley83
New Pal

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  07:57:27 AM  Show Profile Send craftdudley83 a Private Message
Thankyou for the advice,Llinn,and the strips are actually kind of thin,about a centimeter thick,but all the same I do want to do this project with a size J hook.

Elizabeth from N.C.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?