Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Standard Gauge Machines
 Tension at edges of knitting too tight
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liketoknit
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  9:38:56 PM  Show Profile Send liketoknit a Private Message
I have a knitting machine tension problem.

I have a Passap E-6000.

I don't know if this problem is specific to this machine or if it can happen to any knitting machine, but I need help!

When I run the carriage/lock across the knitting, it moves smoothly and knits fine, except ... the last half dozen needles will be pulled up too high because the tension changes (inexplicably) right at the end of the run.

I have to manually loosen the yarn along those stitches or the carriage/lock will jam on the way back. This is difficult and time-consuming and I'm sure it's not normal.

In other words, if I move the carriage to the right, the last few stitches on the right will be too tight. If I move it left, the last few on the left will be too tight.

I'm careful to move the carriage/lock at an even speed and to pass the edge of the knitting by a few inches. I'm somewhat baffled. The tension on the mast is fine, the yarn isn't catching on anything.

Any ideas as to what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks.

marvma
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  05:09:35 AM  Show Profile Send marvma a Private Message
I can think of 3 things: 1. use claw weights at edge of knitting. move these up every 20-30 rows.
2. loosen tension on carriage dial, use larger tension.
3. loosen tension on antennae mast.

Keep the faith, share the peace.
Go to Top of Page

ValerieG
Chatty Knitter

107 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  11:18:30 AM  Show Profile Send ValerieG a Private Message
I only have this happen when something is resting against the cone of yarn. (most probably another cone ;-)
Valerie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?