Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet books, Web sites, magazines & resources
 Spring 07 Interweave Crochet
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

queen of the east
Seriously Hooked

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  08:05:04 AM  Show Profile Send queen of the east a Private Message
I picked up the latest IC yesterday. Most of the patterns are just okay, really none of them called out to me, well maybe the Beachcomber Tunic. I was glad to see that the magazine format stayed the same, unlike IK, IC has not made any layout changes, the patterns are with the photos.
Starting next fall the magazine will publish 4 times a year. I will be looking forward to this.

Ann in Montreal

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  9:56:03 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message
Thanks for the info. Will have to check it out.
Go to Top of Page

Nartian
Chatty Knitter

128 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  09:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nartian's Homepage Send Nartian a Private Message
I've only bought 2 previous issues of this. Do they go this thin sometimes?

Also agree that this issue was okay, nothing really stood out for me, but I haven't read the articles yet 'cept the new editor's page.

blog: http://stilaholicnartianknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yivich
Chatty Knitter

246 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  4:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit yivich's Homepage Send yivich a Private Message
It's funny for me to read these reviews because I thought this was the best issue in a long time! I absolutely love the Beachcomber Tunic, and also the Simplicity Top. I am not a big crocheter but having 2 patterns in one issue that I absolutely MUST MAKE is such a rarity that I had to buy the issue on the spot!

I tried to start the Simplicity Top but I'm stuck on yarn substitutions, it uses two different yarns on two different hook sizes! A bit more complicated than I bargained for when I decided I wanted to make this top. . . same with the Beachcomber, it uses a yarn I've never even heard of before that's a blend of wool and silk, similar to Lavold's Silky Wool, and I'm having a hard time getting gauge on the substitutions I've tried . . . .

-- Ivete
blog: http://www.knotology.net/
patterns: http://www.chiagu.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by