Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Standard Gauge Machines
 brother kh-970 knitting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

machineknitter
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  9:11:08 PM  Show Profile Send machineknitter a Private Message
I currently use a Brother KH-970 knitting machine and have two questions.

#1 When knitting a piece I find that the right edge of the piece comes out longer than the left edge of the piece. It makes me think that when the carriage moves from right to left to knit, the yarn doesn't knit quite as tight thus making the right edge looser and thus hang down a little farther. Does anyone other machine knitter experience this?

#2 the first couple of stitches in on both the right edge and left edge aren't alsways as uniform as the rest of the stitches in the rows. I find this occurs with thinner yarn such as yarn that's 1800 yds/lb and up. I tend to mix different yarns in pattern so am thinking that the yarns aren't grabbing on to one another if one of the yarns is very smooth. Are there any techniques for achieving even stitches acroos the entire row.

Thanks for any help you can give.

P.S. The kh-970 has 200 needles, are there any machines which have more than 200 needles but the needles take up the same amount of space as the 200 of the kh-970?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe