Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 General Felting Discussion
 Acrylic bag inserts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

go get your smock
Chatty Knitter

328 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  2:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit go get your smock's Homepage Send go get your smock a Private Message
Check these out:

http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/bag-e-bottoms.php

Diane in Chicago

Felted Handbag Workshop
Home of the Little Coco Bag

adalton124
Seriously Hooked

659 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  06:29:34 AM  Show Profile Send adalton124 a Private Message
Cool idea. I'll bet you could get a sheet of plexiglass cut at the hardware store to fit any bag. They might even round the corners for you if you asked or you could file them down yourself. I've got a giant felted Noni tote that needs a bottom like this, but none of the sizes listed on that site would work for me. Interesting...

Angela
Go to Top of Page

beejayeles
Chatty Knitter

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  08:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit beejayeles's Homepage Send beejayeles a Private Message
i've actually tried something as suggested here...the only problem i find is that stuff works it's way underneath the insert and you have to remove it to get whatever is hiding....must be a better solution...other than actually lining the darn thing. sometimes i do wish for a stronger, more form-maintaining bottom (on my bags as well as my own body!)....anyhow, the only other thing i've done is to buy a small light-weight basket and stuff that inside for stability.
Go to Top of Page

go get your smock
Chatty Knitter

328 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  08:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit go get your smock's Homepage Send go get your smock a Private Message
And then there is this:

http://www.purseket.com/

Diane in Chicago

Felted Handbag Workshop
Go to Top of Page

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1288 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  9:05:40 PM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message
or this:
http://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/pursebriteorganizer1499/?cid=142260

cheaper AND it has a light!

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

ceecee
Permanent Resident

1896 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  06:10:03 AM  Show Profile Send ceecee a Private Message
I've used the plastic mesh canvas for cross-stitching, the thickest I can find, for bag bottoms. You can cut it to size, cover it with fabric and even stitch it to the bottom or sides of your bag if you don't want stuff getting under it . Don't know if it would be stiff enough for a really large bag but if you could double it.
Go to Top of Page

Becky in MO
Seriously Hooked

769 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  06:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Becky in MO a Yahoo! Message Send Becky in MO a Private Message
I think the plastic mesh canvas would be areally good option. And you can always put two or three layers together to give it more durability.
Go to Top of Page

go get your smock
Chatty Knitter

328 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  8:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit go get your smock's Homepage Send go get your smock a Private Message
Wow, NastiJ! That is a cool find! The light is amazing!

Diane in Chicago

Felted Handbag Workshop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by