Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Standard Gauge Machines
 Lace Carriage Newbie Needs Help
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asphinctersayswhat
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  07:23:15 AM  Show Profile Send asphinctersayswhat a Private Message
Hi,

I have a Toyota 787 and I am trying to use the lace carriage for the first time and I don't understand how/when/which direction to move both carriages, if you move the lace carriage by itself how does the punchcard move forward/get tripped?

Any help would be great,
Lisa

Shay
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  1:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shay's Homepage Send Shay a Private Message
Unless, I'm wrong, the Toyota lace carriage transfers stitches and the main carriage knits them.

Your punchcard should have a little (usually red) backturning arrow in the right margin. This arrow indicates when to use the lace carriage.

The lace carriage doesn't move the punchcard because the lace carriage is simply making transfers, like transfers you could do yourself using the tappet tool.

For Studio machines, the lace carriage knits and transfers at the same time, so that's in a different reality.
Go to Top of Page

DewOnAPetal
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  8:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit DewOnAPetal's Homepage Send DewOnAPetal a Private Message
I have the lace carriage for the Toyota KS950. I'm not positive if they are the same, but there are 2 types of lace: regular lace and transfer lace. The standard lace is easier - the carriage automatically transfers the stitches, knits and moves the card at the same time. Transfer lace is a little more complicated. You have to watch the arrows on the side of the card and have to turn off the card and let the carriage transfer the stitches before turning on the card again. It's a lot more time consuming, the the lace is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe