Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Multidirectional scarves
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Carol in Maine
Chatty Knitter

208 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  6:38:41 PM  Show Profile Send Carol in Maine a Private Message
I recently discovered Multidirectional Knitting and love knitting scarves in this method. I've decided to make these my holiday gifts, knit in Noro Silk Garden. I knit one which I can't bear to part with and have already worn a few times here in Maine. I 've finished two others-- this is much farther than I usually get, even in December!
Two years ago I made everyone red Briggs & Little wool "toques" and I don't know if they ever wore them after Christmas but we have a great group photo of everybody wearing a red knit cap

Carol in Maine

txtapdancer
Chatty Knitter

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  05:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit txtapdancer's Homepage Send txtapdancer a Private Message
Do you have any pictures of the scarf? It sounds interesting. And you can't go wrong with Noro Silk Garden.

--Julia
Go to Top of Page

cableready
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  05:35:35 AM  Show Profile Send cableready a Private Message
A couple of years ago I made a multidirectional scarf using Noro Silk Garden and it remains one of my favorites. It is nice and soft, too.

Pamela
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
Chatty Knitter

172 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  05:43:47 AM  Show Profile  Send KarenP a Yahoo! Message Send KarenP a Private Message
Yes, we need pictures! Plus which pattern did you use?

Cheers,

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
Go to Top of Page

cableready
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  05:17:16 AM  Show Profile Send cableready a Private Message
I am not sure which pattern Carol is using, but I used this pattern:

http://douma.net/Karen/knitting/Accessory-Scarves/Multidirectional_Diagonal_Scarf.htm

I have actually made a couple besides the Silk Garden one. I have used Cherry Hill silk merino blend - heavenly, and a fiesta yarn one.

It is a really fun knit and works beautifully with handpainted yarns.

Pamela
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  05:05:59 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message
I've done a couple of these using Noro. And this year I want to do some in a handspun colorway singles. Didn't want to ply because I like the yarn as it is, so this will work perfectly! Love, love, love the pattern.

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?