Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Anna Socks from Rowan #40
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aranworld
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  9:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit aranworld's Homepage Send aranworld a Private Message
I've cast on the first of a pair of black lace socks from the current Rowan. They are full-calf length socks knit on Rowan 4-ply yarn. Its also my first project knitting socks on a circular needle, and so far that is much easier than I expected, although I don't think I'm quite ready to do two socks at the same time on one circular.

http://knitting.aranworld.com/

KarenB
Seriously Hooked

750 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  05:30:04 AM  Show Profile Send KarenB a Private Message
I recently finished the Anna stockings -- they were a great project. I'm a broken record on the subject, but in case you've missed it: be sure to go down a needle size once you reach the lower calf to add shaping. Otherwise you'll end up with baggy ankles.

Karen
My knitting gallery
Go to Top of Page

KarenB
Seriously Hooked

750 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  05:30:04 AM  Show Profile Send KarenB a Private Message
I recently finished the Anna stockings -- they were a great project. I'm a broken record on the subject, but in case you've missed it: be sure to go down a needle size once you reach the lower calf to add shaping. Otherwise you'll end up with baggy ankles.

Karen
My knitting gallery
Go to Top of Page

aranworld
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  3:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit aranworld's Homepage Send aranworld a Private Message
Thanks! I was actually quite worried about the lack of shaping on these socks. My first test swatch seemed way too baggy, and I am in the process of making a swatch with smaller needles to see if I can get it to fit the ankles and calf at the same time.

Go to Top of Page

aranworld
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  3:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit aranworld's Homepage Send aranworld a Private Message
Thanks! I was actually quite worried about the lack of shaping on these socks. My first test swatch seemed way too baggy, and I am in the process of making a swatch with smaller needles to see if I can get it to fit the ankles and calf at the same time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?