Hi everyone, Last winter I made a Lara Sweater and to say the least, it did not look good on me. Very dumpy looking for my body(time to loose some weight around the middle!). So, off to the frog pond we started. What a mess. It was knit with Noro Silver Thaw and part of the problem was a bit of fiber locking probably caused by dragging the thing across my lap a million times because it is knit cuff to cuff. The other problem came in trying to find my seams and open them. I am very careful in finishing and I had an awful time trying to find my seams to open up - especially the collar seam at the back neck area. And I also had a very hard time finding the woven ends where I started a new skein of yarn. I now have quite a few small balls of yarn to join together. What a mess.
It is easier to be forgiven than to receive permission.
I bailed on Lara about half way. Realized that the idea of the design (and how it looked on the model) was great - but it wasn't meant for my bodytype either.
Sympathize with the froggy mess - but good on you for doing it! Silver Thaw is too nice looking and expensive not to recycle. But those little balls are daunting when you think about using them/joining them, aren't they!