Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 What's On Your Knitting Wish List?
 Removable repositionable tape
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  10:33:51 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Someone had bought some and put the site up a while back and now I can't find the topic or vendor. Anyone remember this?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

metromaples
Seriously Hooked

USA
878 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  10:55:04 AM  Show Profile Send metromaples a Private Message
We had this at a Cat Bordhi workshop last spring. I believe she said it was available from school supply stores.

-- Jeri
http://soapquiltknit.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  12:20:46 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Are you talking about highlighter tape? It's available here:

www.knitfoundry.com

I've heard Michael's has it, and maybe Joann's, but I've never been able to find it there. I tried to get it at Staples and they said it was seasonal. What season I don't know!

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  1:46:51 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Anita, that is it. Thanks so much. I have ordered and now have added them to my faves. Boy I just love this place. Ask and you shall receive.
I have not found it at Michaels or Joanns. I also looked at 2 of my lys and no luck.
Thanks again, I am happy, happy, happy.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Calamintha
Permanent Resident

USA
2886 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  4:01:40 PM  Show Profile Send Calamintha a Private Message
I'm guessing it's probably a back to school type item in stationary stores. That's probably what season they were referring to :)
Go to Top of Page

zissa
Chatty Knitter

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  07:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit zissa's Homepage Send zissa a Private Message
I bought some from knit foundry and I love it! It's perfect for knitting from a chart. The hard part was picking which colors (I finally settled on three)

Alyssa >^..^<
www.wordsandwool.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  08:32:32 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I picked yellow, pink, and orange. What did you pick?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  9:07:12 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message
I put the chart on a metal board and use a magnetic strip to keep track.

Never saw the tape before -- looks most useful.

Margie
Go to Top of Page

VickiKK
Seriously Hooked

935 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  9:47:03 PM  Show Profile Send VickiKK a Private Message
I found some of the tape at a one of those stores who sell teachers supply stuff or educational supplies.

Vicki near Seattle
Go to Top of Page

VickiKK
Seriously Hooked

935 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2006 :  2:02:41 PM  Show Profile Send VickiKK a Private Message
Update: For those of you in the Bellevue WA area, I bought the tape at the Lakeshore Learning Store on NE 4th. It's packaged 6 rolls for $12.50 for the narrow width. Hmm, can't remember what the price of the wider stuff was.

Vicki near Seattle
Go to Top of Page

knits_for_preemies
Permanent Resident

USA
1957 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  04:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit knits_for_preemies's Homepage Send knits_for_preemies a Private Message
Thanks AChrisVet

This appears to be a product that teachers are using in classrooms. That said, I’m thinking a teacher supply store in your area may stock it—so you may want to check there.

I Googled and found these:

http://www.highlightertape.com/?gclid=CM3YqbiCsocCFQ1qGgodEQMUNw
Look around this site (view more and order) and you will see other info. They have different widths. There is a caution: “Test First! May mark some surfaces and lift some inks.”

There are many teacher supply online stores too.
http://www.abcstuff.com/items/HT005.html

http://www.trcabc.com/highlighter.html

DIFFERENT BRAND:
http://www.epinions.com/offc-Supplies-All-Manco_Dry-Lighter_Classic_Highlighter_Tape_1_6_x_335_Yellow/display_~reviews

I know nothing about these stores—just results of Google Search. There were comments regarding colors and which were easier to read in the epinions link.

Hope this helps.

I couldn’t find these tapes earlier either, and order Knit Picks magnetic chart board. It’s already on the way, so hope I will like it.

Has anyone used the Knit Picks magnetic chart board?

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  07:07:30 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Barbara I hi-lited the Windmill Site too. Now I will have 2 great sources. The pink works great. Thanks so much.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3959 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  08:48:48 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
I use this all the time in the classroom. Just a warning, do not leave the tape on a pattern and put it away for a long time. It will not lift off neatly and your pattern will be ruined. I do not exactly know how long it takes to become attached since my book had been put away for a year and I didn't take it out during that time.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  1:47:46 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
It does lift my ink-jet printers ink. I usually use it on a page protector so it's not a problem. Today the cat found it and grabbed one end and ripped it off. (I usually fold over the ends to make it easy to lift off.)

My preference really is the magnet board, which fits nicely inside the page protector. But sometimes for traveling I prefer the non stiff method of the tape.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by