Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Late to the party: Charlotte's web in Koigu
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  5:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
I know, I know, everybody knitted this shawl ages ago... but I was at one of my LYS last week and saw Charlotte's web knitted in green Koigu with specks of bright colors. It was like a field of flowers so it motivated me to try this shawl in a dominant color rather than "stripes" of color.

I had enough Koigu stashed for the shawl so I'm currently knitting it in purple and will keep some variegated purple/yellow for the bottom edge. I'll repeat what everyone said about this pattern: would it have killed them to add the "mirror" image part of the chart?! Otherwise, it's an addictive project.

--Minh

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  6:36:32 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
We look forward to seeing the finished project.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  6:36:32 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
We look forward to seeing the finished project.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  04:50:55 AM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
I still have that yarn in my stash to knit someday...I got on the bandwagon when everyone else was knitting it but never started it. Let us know how you are progressing.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  04:50:55 AM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
I still have that yarn in my stash to knit someday...I got on the bandwagon when everyone else was knitting it but never started it. Let us know how you are progressing.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

carolbeech
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  07:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit carolbeech's Homepage Send carolbeech a Private Message
I also have this in my stash to knit........I wonder how many lonely Charlotte's web kits are out there? I'll get mine done someday, right? Connie

www.carolbeech.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

carolbeech
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  07:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit carolbeech's Homepage Send carolbeech a Private Message
I also have this in my stash to knit........I wonder how many lonely Charlotte's web kits are out there? I'll get mine done someday, right? Connie

www.carolbeech.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  07:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Can't wait to see the finished project.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  07:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Can't wait to see the finished project.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1932 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  09:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message
I loved knitting mine.. it was my first bigger than a postage stamp piece of lace. I gave it away to a friend who was sick. She adored it!!

Can't wait to see yours...

My mother made me a homosexual.
And if you give her some yarn, she'll make you one too. ~quentin crisp

http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1932 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  09:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message
I loved knitting mine.. it was my first bigger than a postage stamp piece of lace. I gave it away to a friend who was sick. She adored it!!

Can't wait to see yours...

My mother made me a homosexual.
And if you give her some yarn, she'll make you one too. ~quentin crisp

http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

needles54
Chatty Knitter

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  12:29:19 PM  Show Profile Send needles54 a Private Message
i have the kit but haven't started it yet!

"save lives---don't knit and drive"
Go to Top of Page

needles54
Chatty Knitter

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  12:29:19 PM  Show Profile Send needles54 a Private Message
i have the kit but haven't started it yet!

"save lives---don't knit and drive"
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  7:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
So we have three knitters with a Charlotte's web kit that need motivation!! I'm halfway through the second skein and will post a picture when it's a FO.

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

The Literate Knitter
Warming Up

76 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  8:12:01 PM  Show Profile Send The Literate Knitter a Private Message
Minh, Charlotte was my very first lace project and I loved every stitch...even those that I frogged and did over and over and over....Hope you will enjoy yours as much as I have mine....

Cindy from Tennessee
Go to Top of Page

The Literate Knitter
Warming Up

76 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  8:12:01 PM  Show Profile Send The Literate Knitter a Private Message
Minh, Charlotte was my very first lace project and I loved every stitch...even those that I frogged and did over and over and over....Hope you will enjoy yours as much as I have mine....

Cindy from Tennessee
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  03:58:19 AM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
Well I just might drag mine out since Christmas is coming up--it would make a nice gift :)
Sharon
PS. There was a KAL a long time ago and someone put each row on Excell, but I don't know where on the web that might be.
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  03:58:19 AM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
Well I just might drag mine out since Christmas is coming up--it would make a nice gift :)
Sharon
PS. There was a KAL a long time ago and someone put each row on Excell, but I don't know where on the web that might be.
Go to Top of Page

EliotsSocks
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  06:12:13 AM  Show Profile Send EliotsSocks a Private Message
Charlotte's Web is a beautiful shawl. I too like the more "solid" colourways for it... but I've loved just about every one I've seen... It's a fun knit. Enjoy it!
Go to Top of Page

EliotsSocks
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  06:12:13 AM  Show Profile Send EliotsSocks a Private Message
Charlotte's Web is a beautiful shawl. I too like the more "solid" colourways for it... but I've loved just about every one I've seen... It's a fun knit. Enjoy it!
Go to Top of Page

VictoiseC
New Pal

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  09:15:21 AM  Show Profile Send VictoiseC a Private Message
Late to the party! I don't even know which shawl it is.
Well I'm rather new here... can someone post a link to the shawl?
Or doyou have to buy a pattern? Thanks!

V.i.c.t.o.i.s.e.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by