Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 Spam emails from the forums
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4376 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  04:16:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Okay, Beth! Just make the check out to Spirit Trail!

To everybody who is worried about the safety of their email address and their computer: remember that Dougie and Marry cannot harvest addresses by spamming KR. That's why Clara has the Forum set up the way she does (see her original post for the explanation).

If you're having other spam/phishing/computer problems, they weren't caused by this one incident. If you think something has "invaded" your computer, I recommend running Spybot, which is a free download. Make sure your virus protection is up to date, too.

This must be a nightmare for Clara, or extremely annoying, at the very least.

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4376 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  04:16:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Okay, Beth! Just make the check out to Spirit Trail!

To everybody who is worried about the safety of their email address and their computer: remember that Dougie and Marry cannot harvest addresses by spamming KR. That's why Clara has the Forum set up the way she does (see her original post for the explanation).

If you're having other spam/phishing/computer problems, they weren't caused by this one incident. If you think something has "invaded" your computer, I recommend running Spybot, which is a free download. Make sure your virus protection is up to date, too.

This must be a nightmare for Clara, or extremely annoying, at the very least.

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:40:01 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
I think this is just a plot to give Clara gray hair and wrinkles so she doesn't look anything like her pictures on this thread.
http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63674

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

mkfromKansas
Chatty Knitter

339 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  12:19:28 PM  Show Profile Send mkfromKansas a Private Message
Well golly, Clara, I am just playing into those jerks hands with my name here being my email address. Could we please change my name to something else? I never thought about this just broadcasting my email address to any hacker. Duh..... sorry to bother you with thus but.......thanx how about "mkfromKansas"
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  05:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
What a bleep bleep this person is. Thank's Clara for the information.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  05:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
What a bleep bleep this person is. Thank's Clara for the information.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

abt1950
Permanent Resident

3019 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  2:05:45 PM  Show Profile Send abt1950 a Private Message
Word of caution--those paypal and ebay emails that threaten dire consequences if your information isn't updated are phishing. Forward them to spoof@ebay.com and spoof@paypal.com. You'll get an email back confirming that they were fraudulent NEVER EVER use the links in emails like that to update your information. (This goes for credit card and bank emails too).

If you want to check out the status of an account after you've gotten an email, use a URL that you already have for the site or google it. The links in these emails do not lead to where they say they do.

(I know the above is obvious, but DH recently fell for one of these schemes. We had to change every password and every account.)

Anne

Knit long and prosper
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  9:19:10 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message
Hugs to Clara. May your sts stay where they should be and always behave.

Margie
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  9:19:10 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message
Hugs to Clara. May your sts stay where they should be and always behave.

Margie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.