Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 What's On Your Knitting Wish List?
 Bits and pieces
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

candym
Chatty Knitter

343 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  09:55:30 AM  Show Profile Send candym a Private Message
I wish someone would come up with a way to clean up all those little bits and pieces of yarn that decorate my carpets![:00]

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  10:24:15 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Nothing on your top or pants?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  10:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Mine also get on the dogs because they insist on laying at my feet. You think they would learn.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  3:52:51 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those robotic discs that just roll around and vacuum your floor? I would have to keep my yarn-in-use off the floor, though, cuz if would probably grab that.
Go to Top of Page

millsgrad
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  4:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit millsgrad's Homepage Send millsgrad a Private Message
I've got yarn all over my bedding! Oh, we're a funny bunch.

rhoda

Come see my blog!
http://g-girl-knittingadventures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  05:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
I also get dog hair in my knitting. Good thing I love this 2 little guy's.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

candym
Chatty Knitter

343 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  10:03:17 AM  Show Profile Send candym a Private Message
Well, I have heard of knitting with dog hair!
Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  2:53:09 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
^funny you should mention that, most of my knitting has ME HAIR in it, because I have this super fine heair that sheds like mad, all the time, so it occasionally gets wound up in my knitting. I just tell people they are gettting pieces of me.

It's been six months, but I'm back in the knitting game!
Go to Top of Page

jrhutch
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
412 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  3:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit jrhutch's Homepage Send jrhutch a Private Message
How funny knittingkeri... I thought I was the only one giving a bit of myself in my knitting.
My hair is also getting into mine as well.

Jackie Hutcherson
The Knitting Hutch
http://theknittinghutch.com
Go to Top of Page

FreakyFiberista
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  10:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit FreakyFiberista's Homepage  Send FreakyFiberista a Yahoo! Message Send FreakyFiberista a Private Message
Hair in knitting: It's a little more bit of love in every stitch! LOL

[img]http://www.forumsigs.com/users/FreakyFiberista/KnitThisBlinkie.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  12:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Would someone like to design little duct-tape booties (sticky side out, of course) that we could have our cats and dogs wear? They'd pick up all of those little yarn bits in no time.

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
www.theloopyewe.com/sheri/ (blog)
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  2:45:05 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
Good idea until they jump into your arms and rip the hair off!
Go to Top of Page

candym
Chatty Knitter

343 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  08:40:47 AM  Show Profile Send candym a Private Message
There has to be something sticky that will help with this! My husband thinks I'm dangerous (occassionaly I've dropped a needle or two) not to mention messy.
Go to Top of Page

ForestBird
Chatty Knitter

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  6:00:23 PM  Show Profile Send ForestBird a Private Message
I'd like to be around when you attempt to put on the duct tape booties onto a cat.

"Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern."
Alfred North Whitehead, Dialogues (1954)
Go to Top of Page

galleylama
Seriously Hooked

753 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  10:48:23 AM  Show Profile Send galleylama a Private Message
I saw on line a thing just like the tape lint remover tool, except it came with a long pole so that you could pick up lint like things on the carpet. Does anyone remember the name for it?

It is easier to be forgiven than to receive permission.
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  11:00:08 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
I think the answer is multicolored shag carpet. You'll just be adding to the durability every time a snippet falls.

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

candym
Chatty Knitter

343 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  3:14:47 PM  Show Profile Send candym a Private Message
I love the shag carpet idea!
Go to Top of Page

tiennie
Warming Up

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  10:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit tiennie's Homepage Send tiennie a Private Message
I thought I was the only one to get my hair stuck in my knitting! My hair used to be super long (until I lopped it this week). Hopefully my hair won't end up in the kntting as much now!

Happy knitting or knit 'til you're happy! - tiennie
http://www.tiennieknits.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  12:51:35 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
Wasn't it long golden hair caught in the spinning wheel that Rumpelstiltskin used to turn the straw into gold?

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?