Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Celebs, Articles, Jokes, etc.
 Roseanne
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EliotsSocks
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  07:01:52 AM  Show Profile Send EliotsSocks a Private Message
I saw an old episode (1989) of Roseanne last night where her parents drop in unannounced. Rosanne's mother was knitting what I guess was a hat on some big honking double-pointed needles -- and she actually was knitting (none of that fake TV knitting)...

Needless to say, I was much more interested in the rerun once I saw the knitting on screen!

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  07:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
You are right she knitted on the show several different times.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Willow1
Warming Up

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  5:50:09 PM  Show Profile Send Willow1 a Private Message
Do you remember the episode where Roseannes mother falls out of bed after having a romp with a man and injures her pelvis and tells everyone she fell in the bathtub? Then Roseanne has to go have a "the" talk with her and her mother says "Well, I would just rather be knitting". I laughed so hard, I was crying....because so would I!!!!
Go to Top of Page

EliotsSocks
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  10:04:49 AM  Show Profile Send EliotsSocks a Private Message
I haven't seen that episode... It's definitely not in the first or second season... we have those on DVD.

I can relate -- I'd rather be knitting than doing just about anything else!
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  7:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I'm feeling so guilty. I gave my son a box of granny squares for a "Rosanne" afghan last Christmas. I'm almost through sewing it up! He keeps asking if his afghan is done. It's just been so hot. Geez...there goes mother of the year! Again!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

EliotsSocks
Warming Up

71 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  06:00:14 AM  Show Profile Send EliotsSocks a Private Message
I always loved that "Rosanne" blanket! Just finish it up by this Christmas, then you can wrap it up all over again -- I'm sure your son will love it when it's done!
Go to Top of Page

Willow1
Warming Up

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  12:35:06 PM  Show Profile Send Willow1 a Private Message
eliotsocs, this episode was one after Jackie had her baby because her husband is in the episode and comes over to Roseanne and Dan's house and spills the truth to Dan about how Bev injured her hip.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe