Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 Spoiled by my mom for my birthday, hurray!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Penance
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  2:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Penance's Homepage Send Penance a Private Message
It's a bit early to celebrate since I'm not sure I'll actually get my hands on my new yarn stash until my birthday rolls around (it's October 9th), but I've got coming to me (my mom has me buy my own presents these days [:00]):

6 hanks Malabrigo angora in Pagoda
4 skeins Malabrigo worsted merino in Red Mahogany
4 skeins Malabrigo worsted merino in Black
4 skeins Muench Touch Me in Toast
3 skeins Malabrigo worsted merino in Frost Grey

I've already got plans for all of them...now if I can just hold out until October...or convince her to just let me have them now.

Finished objects, WIPS and stash photos!

The Ninja Knitter - my knitting blog

Current project(s): Seamless Saddle-Shoulder Sweater, Irish Hiking Scarf

Up next: Log Cabin Socks, Odessa hat, Voodoo wristwarmers

NuttyKnitter101
Chatty Knitter

338 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  8:53:35 PM  Show Profile Send NuttyKnitter101 a Private Message
wow...I'm jealous! my mom doesn't really understand knitting. She dropped me off at a yarn store one time and then seemed surprised/disappointed that i had actually bought yarn! Happy early birthday! :P

Not every Mary in the world has a lamb like mine
Go to Top of Page

Penance
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  1:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Penance's Homepage Send Penance a Private Message
I got lucky in the mom lottery. Mine spoils me rotten. [:00]

She's a knitter herself (or used to be anyway - she doesn't have the time and doesn't want to spend money on yarn for herself anymore), so I guess she understands the insanity.

And thanks! I feel so old even though I'm only going to be 24 this year. [:00]

Go to Top of Page

JARlady
Chatty Knitter

215 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  2:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit JARlady's Homepage Send JARlady a Private Message
Lucky you!! Hope you are able to have an early birthday!! My mom sends me a birthday check every year that I MUST spend on me and on something fun (she likes a full report ) This year it was the Knitpick Options needles... and I LOVE them!! Already planning how to use my next birthday check, even if it isn't until next July.......

Janice

http://jarlady.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzannevh
Gabber Extraordinaire

565 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  3:32:07 PM  Show Profile Send suzannevh a Private Message
That's a fabulous birthday gift!!! Please share your plans for using this great gift.

Check out my project pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzannehandicrafts/
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  06:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Congrats. My parents let me pick out my own presents. They even buy them when I there. Works that way for Christmas to. I don't complain, I always end up with something I like.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Penance
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  8:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Penance's Homepage Send Penance a Private Message
The yarn arrived today! I snuck out one of the Malabrigo Frost Grey skeins to make a hat from. Shh...my mom won't notice one missing skein. [:00]

I'm planning on making a Vintage Velvet (Vintage Angora technically) from the angora yarn, another Turtleneck Shrug from the black (because black goes with everything and I plan on wearing it this winter under my coat), a modified Basic Cable hat from the Touch Me to match my Vintage Velvet scarf and a couple of hats and scarves from the others.

Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  05:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Penance, Shame on you, I'm telling Mom!!! Have fun with the yarn.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  07:00:19 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
Lucky you! My mom has been giving me cash for the last few years to spend on my hobby of choice. This year, I was making plans for what I'd buy when she showed up with a gift bag FULL of soup mixes from Harry and Davidand scented soaps. I'm making my husband suffer through the soaps cuz I'm too frugal to throw them out. Next winter I'll make the soups....I'd rather have had cash for yarn. Sigh. Maybe it was a fluke and she'll go back to cash next year.
Go to Top of Page

Corddrymum
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
519 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  08:07:37 AM  Show Profile Send Corddrymum a Private Message
Isn't it funny that just when we can count of what someone gets us for presents every year...they change! You are vey lucky, Penance!
Robin
Go to Top of Page

Monkachia
Permanent Resident

USA
1224 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  09:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Monkachia's Homepage Send Monkachia a Private Message
Cheers to your mom! Happy knitting!
Chia

http://munkiknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by