Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Hats, Gloves, and Mittens
 2 circs for hats?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poor Luci
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  09:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Poor Luci's Homepage  Send Poor Luci a Yahoo! Message Send Poor Luci a Private Message
This may sound like a silly question but I was wpndering if it was possible to use the two circ method for hats like you do for socks. I am really tired of using DPN and one circ. Has anyone tried this and does it work?

KellyKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1608 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  09:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit KellyKnits's Homepage Send KellyKnits a Private Message
yep you can do it
I've done it with baby hats

Kelly
http://pieceofstring.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4153 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  09:22:22 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I use two circs for any type of in the round knitting that I possibly can do, so yes, you can! The one thing I've tried that it doesn't work for is in the round entrelac (ie the market squares bag).

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knottyknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
3702 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  09:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit knottyknitter's Homepage Send knottyknitter a Private Message
Yup - that's how I learned to make hats. Works great!

My blog at KristiKnits.com
[img]http://www.kristiknits.com/images/KristiKnits_Logo_Green.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Poor Luci
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  6:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Poor Luci's Homepage  Send Poor Luci a Yahoo! Message Send Poor Luci a Private Message
Do you need to switch to DPNs at any point or jsut keep it on the circs?
Go to Top of Page

thdx3
Seriously Hooked

691 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  05:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit thdx3's Homepage Send thdx3 a Private Message
Luci--

I start out my hats on a 16" circular, and then switch to 2 circulars when my stitches start to cramp around the needles (usually about 50 sts., depending on the yarn) and continue with the two circular method for the decreases all the way up to the last three stitches or so. There are good explanations of the 2 circular method here and here.

Knit on--

Terri D. in NYC

off jumps jack
Go to Top of Page

sarakate
Seriously Hooked

USA
818 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  12:19:09 PM  Show Profile Send sarakate a Private Message
Yes, it works just fine, and you do not need to switch to DPNs at any point; the 2-circ method can accommodate any number of stitches.
Go to Top of Page

LittleMousling
Permanent Resident

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  12:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit LittleMousling's Homepage Send LittleMousling a Private Message
quote:
The one thing I've tried that it doesn't work for is in the round entrelac (ie the market squares bag).

I've used it, and Magic Loop, for in-the-round entrelac, so it does work for that. :)

-Molly, obsessive but not exclusive socknitter
Stash photos, WIPs and some FOs
Go to Top of Page

gulf knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
737 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  12:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulf knitter's Homepage Send gulf knitter a Private Message
I often use two circular needles in situations where I would once have used dpns. I did not mind working with dpns, but I prefer the two circs because when I jam my knitting in my purse, they never drop stitches! Sarah.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe