Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 Madame Slacker Arises
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

susiknits
Permanent Resident

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  10:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit susiknits's Homepage  Send susiknits a Yahoo! Message Send susiknits a Private Message
Whoa is me -- I have begun to regret picking up the Unfinished Sweater that Languished for a Year. Honestly, I loved working on it while I was getting over that cursed cold...

But now that I'm feeling better, it's getting boring again. This is why I keep to smaller projects that I can knock out and be done with.

I've finished the back and one sleeve. I'm inching up sleeve number two, then I have two cardigan fronts to go. Oh help....and I have to put it all together....!!!

Help! A swift kick in the pants is needed!

-- susi

--That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  06:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message
Susi,

Given the number of languishing projects I've had in my knitting lifetime, I have no right to give anyone else a swift kick in the pants. So, I say this: if you don't feel like working on it, set it aside. Knitting is supposed to be FUN, remember?

Or, if not working on it is going to give you a major guilt trip (some of my projects do this to me), invoke the "Two Row Rule" - every day, before you can work on something more appealing, you knit two rows on the problem project. Just two rows. No more. Then go off and knit something else until tomorrow. Repeat as needed.

AuntyNin

Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. --- Terry Pratchett

http://home.earthlink.net/~lradiga1/
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  06:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Today I forced myself to sit down and weave in the ends on the baby jacket I designed. It felt good. But now, even though I want to knit, I don't want to pick anything up. Weird, I know.

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Only you can decide how tongue in cheek I am.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  07:01:48 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Oh ah, I love the 2 row rule. It has helped me out lots of times.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Just 1 More Row
Chatty Knitter

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  4:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just 1 More Row's Homepage Send Just 1 More Row a Private Message
I may have to remember the 2 row rule. Some projects lately are taking FOREVER!

Laura in Idaho
Go to Top of Page

susiknits
Permanent Resident

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  02:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit susiknits's Homepage  Send susiknits a Yahoo! Message Send susiknits a Private Message
Excellent idea, Nin, thanks! Knowing the guilt that arises from not working, and the resentment that comes from guilt-knitting, I gave myself permission to take a break these last couple of days.
When I pick up the needles again tomorrow or the next day, I'll be thrilled to be back in the game! And two rows rule!

Should that be a motto? We could put it in text-message form?

2rowsrule

Just a thought.

-- susi

Go to Top of Page

abt1950
Permanent Resident

3019 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  08:15:39 AM  Show Profile Send abt1950 a Private Message
What I hate is when all my active projects are at stages where I have to do something that's either tedious or requires more active concentration than I'm willing to give it.

I like the idea of the two row rule. With my luck, however, the two rows would be on a big honking shawl.

Anne

Knit long and prosper
Go to Top of Page

susiknits
Permanent Resident

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  8:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit susiknits's Homepage  Send susiknits a Yahoo! Message Send susiknits a Private Message
Anne -- Exactly! Don't you know I'm dreading having to put the stinkin' sweater together? I'd almost rather keep knitting on it.

Sort of like in the Odyssey, where the wife weaves every day, and tears it out every night...

-- susi

Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  7:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
It should be 2 rows or one seam.

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe