Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Celebrate Your Stars
 I didn't even realize I'd gotten another one!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dspen89
Chatty Knitter

330 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  9:46:05 PM  Show Profile Send Dspen89 a Private Message
What a nice surprise!!!

I wish you all lived in my area so we could do all this gabbing in person!!

I have a local SnB group in my area, but hardly anyone ever shows up. And honestly, I think I may have spooked some of them away because I LOVE to talk about yarns, knitting etc. Part of the group name implies that doesn't it? LOL!! [:00] If I want to knit alone and quietly I could do that at home!

I'm just so grateful for everyone here! Thanks to you all!

Dawn

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dawnzknits/

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  04:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Good work on your second STAR Dawn! A cup of tea and a few gabby moments will bring you the third one.........

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  04:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Good work on your second STAR Dawn! A cup of tea and a few gabby moments will bring you the third one.........

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  5:16:29 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Yay!

Congrats Dawn! :)

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  5:16:29 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Yay!

Congrats Dawn! :)

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  06:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Congrats

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  06:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Congrats

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  10:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
I love me my stars too...congrats Dawn. And I wish you could be in my knit group. I jsut started mine and it is small and sometimes it is hard to get some knit talk on. Three are crocheters, but we are slowly building our group and adding knitters. Congrats again!

Crystal
"Get your Knit On" http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
My Yahoo Knit Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganknitters/
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  10:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
I love me my stars too...congrats Dawn. And I wish you could be in my knit group. I jsut started mine and it is small and sometimes it is hard to get some knit talk on. Three are crocheters, but we are slowly building our group and adding knitters. Congrats again!

Crystal
"Get your Knit On" http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
My Yahoo Knit Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganknitters/
Go to Top of Page

Dspen89
Chatty Knitter

330 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  8:23:54 PM  Show Profile Send Dspen89 a Private Message
Thank you everybody!! Man Crystal, I bet we could talk for HOURS! LOL!! We're all "kindred knitsters" here on this board! You guys are awesome!

I went to a meeting today with a more "mature" group of ladies and boy did I have a blast! Time flew by and we talked and talked and talked (and I screwed up my knitting but that's okay! ). I was so bummed when I had to leave to pick my kids up!

There was probably 10 of us there, we meet at a local library (only once a month so far) but several ladies also came in asking if they could join too! It was so cool.

My local SNB group has maybe 4 locations and several dates on our calendar but attendance seems sparse at almost all of them considering how many people are in the group (and SAY they want to hook up). I was the only one to show up at one recently (with a lingering migraine but didn't want the other people who had said they'd be there to be alone...) and decided that I had nothing to lose by checking out this other group. I know others have more in their lives than knitting, I do too, but I always wonder why people join if they aren't going to show up?..

Here's to your group blossoming soon! I noticed the other day in SnB Nation that there were groups of just a few that meet pretty regularly in some places. It's not the number it seems, but the same "passion" that makes a great group.

I love talking as much as knitting like I said, and surprisingly these ladies talked even MORE than me (they taught me a lot!) so I was in heaven! It was like coming here and enjoying all the great information!

Keep at it and check out other groups too! I'm so glad I did!

Dawn

Go to Top of Page

Dspen89
Chatty Knitter

330 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  8:23:54 PM  Show Profile Send Dspen89 a Private Message
Thank you everybody!! Man Crystal, I bet we could talk for HOURS! LOL!! We're all "kindred knitsters" here on this board! You guys are awesome!

I went to a meeting today with a more "mature" group of ladies and boy did I have a blast! Time flew by and we talked and talked and talked (and I screwed up my knitting but that's okay! ). I was so bummed when I had to leave to pick my kids up!

There was probably 10 of us there, we meet at a local library (only once a month so far) but several ladies also came in asking if they could join too! It was so cool.

My local SNB group has maybe 4 locations and several dates on our calendar but attendance seems sparse at almost all of them considering how many people are in the group (and SAY they want to hook up). I was the only one to show up at one recently (with a lingering migraine but didn't want the other people who had said they'd be there to be alone...) and decided that I had nothing to lose by checking out this other group. I know others have more in their lives than knitting, I do too, but I always wonder why people join if they aren't going to show up?..

Here's to your group blossoming soon! I noticed the other day in SnB Nation that there were groups of just a few that meet pretty regularly in some places. It's not the number it seems, but the same "passion" that makes a great group.

I love talking as much as knitting like I said, and surprisingly these ladies talked even MORE than me (they taught me a lot!) so I was in heaven! It was like coming here and enjoying all the great information!

Keep at it and check out other groups too! I'm so glad I did!

Dawn

Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  6:20:46 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Dawn,

Congratulations on your two stars and becoming a chatty knitter. Keep up the chatting.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.