Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Groups Seeking Donated Materials and Knitted Items
 Skeins of Wool
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knitting sock monkey
Chatty Knitter

218 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  07:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitting sock monkey's Homepage Send knitting sock monkey a Private Message
Hi,

I have quite a few skeins of wool - mostly bartlett in blues, black and grays. I also have a large bag of balls of wool of various sizes and lots of colors. The balls would be great for fiber trends' felted fish pattern. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a group that could put this wool to use - perhaps kids learning to knit??

Thanks,

Felicity

RatherBknitting
Chatty Knitter

213 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  04:17:01 AM  Show Profile Send RatherBknitting a Private Message
How about Afghans for Afghans? They have a requirement for wool, and if you knit for them regularly, it can get expensive.

They have a website, and they are a very good group.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  05:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
You could try a women's shelter or a senior citizens group. Does you town have a senior center. Normally they tend to have knitter's there and they could probably use it.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

SuzeRose
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  09:12:43 AM  Show Profile Send SuzeRose a Private Message
Hi!
My name is Suzanne and I am a breast cancer survivor.
I want to knit and crochet Chemo Caps as a way of giving a little bit back in appreciation of all the kindness I received during my chemo and radiation treatments. I promised myself I would contribute something once I was better. If you still have yarn available, and feel you would like to donate it to me, I would be very grateful. My budget is very limited, and any donations would be deeply appreciated. I have sent you an email with my email address. I hope to hear back from you.

If anyone else feels they have yarn to donate, please post a message here for me.

Thank you so very much,
Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Marcy Taitz
New Pal

13 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  10:50:19 AM  Show Profile Send Marcy Taitz a Private Message
Hi everyone,

I have started a small charity knitting group which knits for the North Central Bronx Hospital in Bronx, NY. We are making blankets, hats, booties for the neonatal unit and baby/toddler clothes which will be given to the young mothers in the parenting program when they are showing cooperation with the program. We would love donations of knitted items and/or yarn for these projects. Newborn items should be machine washable/dryable since anything used in the nursery will be laundered there. Larger sizes can be any fiber but easy care (superwash wool or cotton, or blends) are preferable. ANy donated yarn should be soft! Please e-mail me if you want to help out. Many thanks in advance.

Marcy
mtaitz@optonline.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.